Slider bar jumping out

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
pennywise

Slider bar jumping out

Post by pennywise »

Hi guys again :D
Don't know the name of it, but the bar that pushes the sliders forward has started jumping out and then the reels don't spin. Is this a timing thing? Nothing seems to have come off, just the bar seems to travel too far forward and come out of the hole at the back then flicks up. Any ideas anyone and could I adjust this?

Attachments
20180922_135746a.jpg
coppinpr

Re: Slider bar jumping out

Post by coppinpr »

Need to know what machine this is?
The video is useful but the slides are not in place so can you tell us, if the slides are in place does the bar push the slides far enough to allow the slide brake to drop in behind them or does it go too far/not far enough?
Don't suppose it's possible to see a video of the other end of the bar in operation?
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

……. also what did you do immediately before this started?

BP :cool:
pennywise

Post by pennywise »

Sorry my fault - I put new springs on the sliders and forgot to change the dog 'n anvil back so it was pushing the bar too much forward.
I have taken two videos of both sliders in my mechs and the Buckingham has the fingers behind the sliders stopping them until you have a win but on the Buccaneer the sliders push forward and don't even touch the bottom fingers, so the sliders are going back into place which means it pays out every time. So I'm guessing the sliders don't even fit the machine if the fingers don't stop the slides, if you know what I mean. The picture shows the fingers sat behind the slides on the Buckingham which works as it should but just on free play. Don't know what coin though - looks like old penny size.

Attachments
20180923_144448a.jpg
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

You're right - the second video demonstrates the slides aren't held by the horizontal fingers.

If I were you I'd remove the slide bundles from both machines for comparison side by side.
If there is no difference in them I'd be exploring if the frame that supports the horizontal fingers (which can be seen in the video) could be repositioned a tad to the left. You can see that all of the fingers are hard up against the sides of the slots in the support.

If the slides are different and don't exactly match the others then you need to change them.

BP :cool:
pennywise

Post by pennywise »

Cheers BP. I managed to push the frame that holds the bottom fingers out a few mill. I need to put a screw in I think to hold it in place so it doesn't move again. The sliders are the same width so I put some smaller springs on the vertical fingers so they had enough force to move the bottom fingers when you get a win and BINGO it actually worked. Could I add one more slide on top to make 6 because there are some on ebay (25 quid) and they look the same but they're from an Aristocrat machine, or would I need a new full set of six?
Thanks again - every little helps. 😁 !!THUMBSX2!!
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Not quite sure I understand adding another slide. Are you saying there is one missing? ie there is a vertical finger, horizontal finger and payout that isn't working? If there is not I think the only thing that would happen if you add a slide is you increase the max slide payout (I think). Is this what you're after?
pennywise

Post by pennywise »

Yes bud I think so. If you look at the video, I have 6 horizontal fingers but the top finger isn't behind anything and gives 10p jackpot instead of 12p jackpot so I think each finger holds 2x 1p. The ones on ebay look exactly the same and from an Aristocrat machine, even though mine is a Sega Windsor machine, so if I add one onto mine it should pay 12p jackpot and operate the horizontal finger left doing nothing. It works in my head anyway. 😂😂😂🤞