It's happening again

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

It's happening again

Post by badpenny »

Last night I threw bids at a couple of bandits with low starting amounts.
This morning no sign of them nor my bids.
coppinpr

Re: It's happening again

Post by coppinpr »

Then I guess they have been removed. It doesn't always tell you they were originally there. I think we will see a lot more of that again now with EH back in business. !!JUNK!!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I couldn't possibly comment.
mr merrivale

Post by mr merrivale »

Thank goodness the EH is back for many reasons. Ebay is not my cup of tea .i would rather stand in a room bid .pay my money bring away a machine i veiwed .checked ect.
I hope the EH is able to hold monthly auctions again and also hope the two J s can hold more than one auction in Coventry.
Heres to our hobby / business and remember if want to sell machines you can always contact me.
Happy slotting
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

The Coventry Auction website is currently having its rubber bands twisted up ready for kicking into action.
We have a good selection of lots to start it off.
JC will shortly announce its launch along with submission forms.
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

My stuff's been removed all year even down to spare parts, been suspended more than I have been active, but I did notice every time something got removed was always just after I declined an offer by a certain somebody, so I have my suspicions.
bill gates

Post by bill gates »

Items on eBay are sometimes removed by the sellers not just eBay. When something nice comes along, sellers are bombarded with messages from collectors/dealers saying I will pay you x amount for your pretty machine and I only live just up the road from you etc etc.....
Anyone smart on eBay should realise if something is popular just let the auction run its course, not sell offline.....
radiochrissie

Post by radiochrissie »

Only thing now is that if you offer seller on eBay x amount and they then take it off, not only will you the buyer get suspended but also the seller from eBay. I’ve had my wrist slapped a couple of times for this, now I have changed my eBay name to my mobile number don’t have as much trouble. |/XX\|
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

I changed my name to mobile ages ago , but have had messages off eBay to change it immediately as it had been brought to their attention , I chose not to change it and ignore them and nothings happened yet lol
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

And another thing if you remove the listing and someone’s asked for a sale outside eBay , whether you sold it or not that way they charge you final value fee :(
bill gates

Post by bill gates »

I thought you could remove an item if you listed it wrong? No charge. So like you are saying if you list an item for £1,000 instead of £100 and remove your add for a mistake with your listing, you will get charged a sale on the £1,000? Don’t sound right to me.
radiochrissie

Post by radiochrissie »

You can remove a listing free of charge As long as no one has been daft enough to email you asking about selling it to them outside of eBay.
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

Yes, you can remove an item but, like chrissie says, if someone has contacted you even if you have not replied they will charge you the final value fee. I've had loads of arguments with them and unless you can afford a top class lawyer to fight them there is nothing you can do.
brigham

Post by brigham »

It looks as if people abusing the system are going to render eBay useless for bona fide users.
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

Yes.............

Buyers eBay messaging you to sell off EBay to save you the fees...

You log on to see the eBay message first, saying they have removed your listing and are suspended for 24/48 hours or 7 days from listing anything else....cheers. Irony of course being that the buyer wants you to save the fees, to pass onto them in the form of a reduced sell price, however the item listed was probably listed on a maximum £1 or £3 final value fee promotion.

So in effect, no gain for seller or buyer, just pain for the seller................

Many sellers have their mobile in their eBay seller name. It's surprising how many don't see it... However, as Widget says, it cannot be long before eBay remove that option too. Started to remove direct email addresses from the PayPal payment confirmation too, about 3 months ago or so. It took them a long long time to instigate these changes.

EBay is predominantly a new goods site now and the % of new items from non-UK business sellers must have increased dramatically in recent times.
bill gates

Post by bill gates »

Thanks for the replies. I was not aware you would be charged a final fee if an item was removed. It’s been a while since I last sold anything on fleabay! (Better name for it...)
I have had a few bad experiences buying things on fleabay so avoid it now. Used to love it, but now would rather buy from public auctions and view things first.