Stolen Moon Money Aristocrat machine

General vintage slot machine related topics.
coppinpr

Stolen Moon Money Aristocrat machine

Post by coppinpr »

A collector recently contacted the www.penny-arcade.info site to ask if we could keep a look out for a Moon Money Aristocrat stolen from his house in Fareham, Hants.
I said I would add this to the pennymachines stolen machines section with contact details, which I have done. I have asked for photos.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: stolen moon money aristocrat machine

Post by badpenny »

He was on one of the FarceBook groups.
I advised him to contact the websites with details, I'm glad to see he got around to it.

From the sounds of it had been stored in a garden shed, so I guess it might have been just kids (albeit strong kids!) breaking into sheds.
Then again the only one by that name I can find is an electric floor standing, which would take some getting away with unseen.

BP
coppinpr

Re: Stolen Moon Money Aristocrat machine

Post by coppinpr »

The Moon Money is an interesting machine in the history of slot development. Len Ainsworth claimed this machine was the first Electro-mechanical slot in the world. The company history says it was the first Electronic slot in the world. In fact it is neither, as electro-mechanical slot machines had been around for years and it's clearly part mechanical so it's not all electronic. It did predate the Bally Money Honey series by two years which would make Bally's claim that the Money Honey was the first in this style wrong also. (Note this is not a photo of the stolen machine, although the wheeled trolley would have been a must).
Attachments
moon money 2.jpeg
moon money 2.jpeg (31.93 KiB) Viewed 3840 times
moon money.jpeg
moon money.jpeg (21.5 KiB) Viewed 3840 times
brigham

Post by brigham »

Speaking of Money Honey, if anyone has a diagram for it, or even any experience of the beast, I'd be glad to hear from you.
glittering-prize67

Post by glittering-prize67 »

If you have anything of value especially a machine why would it be in a damp horrible shed. That is a sure way to knacker them up. Keep them indoors, safe, warm and where they should be.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Apparently the machine had been at the back of the shed for 20 years and had been brought forward as a winter project. It didn't work, was in a state and, I'd have thought, not worth the effort of stealing. :!?!:
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Question is why has the person with the missing machine not responded on here with more info like pictures or the Facebook group originally posted to. They are registered to both and not responded to queries or added pictures.....so can I be bothered to look out for their machine.......think not.