WANTED Restorer of Ruffler & Walker Machine

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
suemunro

WANTED Restorer of Ruffler & Walker Machine

Post by suemunro »

Hello
I am new to this forum. I have been given a Ruffler & Walker Earth Satellite Machine. It was in full working order up until 3 or 4 years ago until it was stored in a loft.
I would like it restored, re-chromed etc., by someone experienced in restoration of these machines. I would be extremely grateful if any of you can recommend someone who can help with my request. Happy to deliver or courier the machine to anyone in the UK.
Many thanks
Sue
arrgee

Re: WANTED Restorer to restore Ruffler & Walker Machine

Post by arrgee »

Hello Sue and welcome to the Forum.

There may well be someone who could assist with the restoration, however, the first thing that they will need to know before taking on any work is the state of the machine. Is it working; is the restoration just cosmetic; if it is not working since being in the loft what is the problem; is the mechanism rusty; does the penny activate release of the ball etc. etc? I could go on but hopefully you will see where I am coming from.

The best way to proceed is to post some photos of the machine both inside and out and also describe any problems/faults to give any potential restorer some idea of the work involved. Hopefully, you will then receive some objective replies.
luckystar

Post by luckystar »

Hi Sue,
Try posting some photos of the front of the machine & some of the back I am sure someone can give you some advice, Pete.
13rebel

Post by 13rebel »

Welcome Sue, as well as the previous advice it may be good to give your location. There may be someone local enough to view the machine.