Sega Windsor fan stop device?

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
radiochrissie

Sega Windsor fan stop device?

Post by radiochrissie »

I have a Sega Windsor with jackpot. When I force a jackpot the lever shown comes in to play after payout. It moves position to stop the fan . On the next handle pull machine just hangs up as the fan has been stopped, why would it do this , and what is the reason for it !PUZZLED!
When I remove the said lever the machine pays out jackpot and resets correctly in the usual manner. I just can’t see any reason for it being there , unless it was to stop further play after a paid jackpot :roll:
I have seen these on other machines without jackpot and thought they were a convienient way of stopping the fan instead of finger/screwdriver etc.
Pictures show the device with the jackpot mech removed, the device links behind the jackpot and moves into play after jackpot payout.
Any bright sparks on here have an answer please.
Attachments
99F4AC0E-C814-4B32-B3A2-511D1FEEF4B5a.jpg
BF22089A-A436-4E4E-A0A8-3433C42C7161a.jpg
A3DEF965-46C3-4B63-AC7E-EBE8AA2B46AAa.jpg
aristomatic

Re: Sega Windsor fan stop device ?

Post by aristomatic »

I'm not 100% sure, but aren't these invariably missing on Mechs? I vaguely remember having a mech with one on a long time ago and asked my friend. I'm sure he said it's one of the many anti-tamper devices? This one stopping people dropping the reserve, if a jackpot is hit. A lot of these anti-tamper parts are routinely removed or not refitted, as not really needed when machines are not being operated? Others will have a fuller explanation I'm sure.
radiochrissie

Re: Sega Windsor fan stop device ?

Post by radiochrissie »

Yes, that would make sense, it would explain why the machine operates perfectly without it.
slotey

Re: Sega Windsor fan stop device?

Post by slotey »

The Sega Windsor is a front opening machine. The levers are fitted so the fan can be stopped. They are not needed on a back opening machine where the fan can be reached easily. I guess the leaver jumps up on j/p payout because of the extra jolt on payout. The two front openers I have, a Lord Sega and a Mills compact, have these levers fitted, but also have a small spring fitted to hold it back in place when not needed.