How not to sell a machine on ebay

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
malcymal

Re: How not to sell a machine on ebay

Post by malcymal »

Well thanks for the kind words treefrog and badpenny. Yes, the Roma is still working and something I wouldn't part with. I've just found an old mk1 Aristocrat in the loft eaves (something badly bought on ebay) - looked great in photos and then that oh s*** moment when you collect; forgot I even had it. It needs a mech weld, but as the sun is out and I've got my mojo back (strength to even pick a machine up) I'm gonna fish it out and give it a complete paint job and swap a reelbundle-mech out of another machine.

Just fished this baby out too (Rialto on 20p) that came from Harold English (rip) and it's in complete working order and lighting up too. The Bergman Hobby is firing up as well, that was Harold's too. Unusual in that you have to select a number to land on, you can let it run or hit the stop button. Match middle reel to number on the right and you win sum of outer discs (old pic attached). It also has a change slot on the left hand side; insert 10p when change light is available (uses a leaf switch in coin tube when enough coins the left switch raises and makes a circuit). It gives you 1 play plus 9 pennies back.

Nice to be back and got that 'think I'm gonna buy myself a present moment' (slot) as think I deserve it. Cheers guys :cool: p.s. treefrog, was it you who came to my house with your Roma and we fettled with it on my wife's dining table, think we got it going with an elastic band in the end???
Attachments
bergman hobby.jpg
romafront.jpg
DSCF4015.JPG
13rebel

Post by 13rebel »

Hi Malc, glad to hear you are still on the scene. It was me you kindly helped with the Roma bandit that you fixed via the little known elastic band method. I still have the Roma, alas, the elastic band eventually failed and I replaced it with a small brass strip. It has run well ever since. Keep well, regards Tony.
malcymal

Post by malcymal »

I yes, remember now. Glad its still working, a nice one if i remember rightly. Cheers Tony.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Nice to have you back Malc. !!CHEERS!!
tdmnick

Post by tdmnick »

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bryans-fruit ... 3931860675
bryans fruit bowl on old penny all keys very nice i have owned this over 20 years this is cash on pick up only///the pay out meek as been removed to cover the gaming rails
:lol:

I'm glad none of my machines need their meeks removing to cover any rails.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

It makes me smile when people blame their 9ISS POOR spelling on either their phone or Spellchecker.
Fair enough, that might be the original reason for the error, but why do they press the Send button without reading it back first?

BP !PUZZLED!

ps~ I deliberately spelt 9ISS to avoid embarrassing the PM auto editor that spends a lot of its time changing my posts.
pennymachines robot

Post by pennymachines robot »

9ISS POOR spelling
DOES NOT COMPUTE...
john t peterson

Post by john t peterson »

I believe the correct spelling should be "9-ish," referring to the phrase, "dressed to the Nines," the accurate description of our beloved BP.

J Peterson
Dressed for disaster in America