Hundreds don't make thousands

General vintage slot machine related topics.
hutto

Hundreds don't make thousands

Post by hutto »

Hi all,
Been a while since I have posted anything - had to earn some dosh! Anyway, I have a prob with my Williams Straight Flush pinball !PUZZLED! When the ball is in play it clocks up the hundreds but when it reaches 9 hundred it does not clock up a thousand !!RANT!! Not sure where to start looking. Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks, Dave
banditboy67

Re: hundreds don't make thousands

Post by banditboy67 »

Hi Dave,
Try this site pal.... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/list
coppinpr

Re: hundreds don't make thousands

Post by coppinpr »

I had a Straight Flush but it was 40 years ago so memory a bit hazy. I THINK it used a physical advance, in other words every time the nine passed by it clicked over the thousands. I might be totally wrong but worth checking if the advance arm is broken/worn/loose and that the reel itself is not physically jammed. Worth checking before you go down the electrical route.
hutto

Re: Hundreds don't make thousands

Post by hutto »

Thanks for the reply Paul. Where is the advanced arm located near the reels? What does it look like? !PUZZLED! Like you said, I'll try the obvious thing first before I get up to the elbows in blue sparks ! !!JUNK!!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Hi Dave, good to see you back.
Williams made an Electro-Mech version and then in later years an electronic.

Is it score drums or lights?

BP :cool:
hutto

Post by hutto »

Hi Bp,
It's electro mechanical. Going to have a look at what Paul said tomorrow. Had a few sherbets tonight - don't think I want to start investigating at mo! !PUZZLED!
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

I had this same problem with my em pinball and it turned out to be a stuck switch on the 'special when lit' switch.
livinginthepast

Post by livinginthepast »

Look at the hundreds score drum... when it reaches the 9 position one of the three switches (top one, I think) makes contact and completes the circuit for the thousand drum to function.
Often the screws holding the switch stack come loose.
special when lit

Post by special when lit »

As livnginthepast said, it will be one of the score reel switches. If you slide the 1's score reel out, you can manually advance it upto the 9 position, then advance it one more, & check the stack of switches, one of them should close but often they are out of adjustment, or dirty.
P.S. Don't use contact cleaner on any of the switches, if they're dirty you will need to clean them with a bit of wet & dry sandpaper, unless you have the correct cleaning file.
hutto

Post by hutto »

Thanks for the suggestions chaps will look into all the ideas over the next day or two !PUZZLED! :smash: Will report any hundreds turning into thousands as and when. !!THUMBSX2!!