EH / Collector Connector sales

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
coppinpr

Re: Elephant House Auctions

Post by coppinpr »

I was assuming it was 10 stop by the photo but enlarging the photo shows the strips to be out of line, so it could be 20 stop numbers but that's quite unusual I think.
clubconsoles

Post by clubconsoles »

seems a lot more slots in EH than Coventry this year.
Given that coventry is a week later, it was bound to be EH that had the most enteries!
I am sure there will be many venders trying to get "two bites of the Cherry" so to speak.
ie. putting into EH with a high reserve and when it fails to find a new home, having another go in Coventry with a lower reserve :lol: :lol: :lol:
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

nigel wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:31 pm seems a lot more slots in EH than Coventry this year.
Given that coventry is a week later, it was bound to be EH that had the most enteries!
I am sure there will be many venders trying to get "two bites of the Cherry" so to speak.
ie. putting into EH with a high reserve and when it fails to find a new home, having another go in Coventry with a lower reserve :lol: :lol: :lol:
Of course I suspect they would not have time to stick them in the next one, but given lots of the machines I see at the Elephant have been advertised many times over last year on various sites, I suspect they will be available still afterwards unless put in with lower reserves. I am struggling to find time recently to get machines in any auction,but last year I did submit to both with only a few having reserves, which were sensible. In fact only took one home out of 15 machines for a bandit that reached a stupid low level.......I guess you lot are not true gamblers ;-)

Hopefully I will be able to make the auctions, but working late prior, so we will see....good luck all with your submissions and your bidding !!THUMBSX2!!
bill gates

Post by bill gates »

I have always paid cash at the EH for winning purchases. I remember they used to add a surcharge if paying by debit card hence I pay with notes. Having looked at the EH t&c I see no mention of this now. Am I right in thinking this charge has now been waived??
Looks like this Sunday's auction will be well attended looking at the lots on offer....
brianh

Post by brianh »

I don't think it's legal any more to make a charge for paying by card. May be wrong but something telling me they can't do it any more. :cool:
slotsoffun

Post by slotsoffun »

Unfortunately, Coventry have closed their doors to any more submissions.. so anyone who wants to sell those machines that don't sell at EH will be out of luck! Not sure why Coventry didn't leave entries open till Tuesday after EH, just in case any late entries are submitted!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

slotsoffun wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:15 pm Unfortunately, Coventry have closed their doors to any more submissions.. so anyone who wants to sell those machines that don't sell at EH will be out of luck! Not sure why Coventry didn't leave entries open till Tuesday after EH, just in case any late entries are submitted!
As usual …… every year in fact ….. we are still receiving lots, even today. Nobody has ever bothered with our cut off day before, so never really expect others to. Hopefully by the end of the weekend they'll be on the site. They include another 8 machines and will take us over 170 lots.
As for EH cast offs, I'm not sure of the advantage of trying to sell something that was on offer only a week before, I guess we'd consider it so long as the reserve was removed.

BP !PUZZLED!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

.……… less than an hour later and another 5 machines arrive for Coventry!
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Not sure why Coventry didn't leave entries open till Tuesday after EH, just in case any late entries are submitted!
you would if you have ever tried to organise an auction and its catalogue :lol: If you closed the lots on Tues people would still be sending on Thursday !! :dammit:

I don't think it's legal any more to make a charge for paying by card. May be wrong but something telling me they can't do it any more.
it is illegal to add a charge when paying by card (which ,Im sure, is the only reason EH have stopped it)
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

I'm not going to the EH auction but if I were, it would be interesting to have seen the buyer mix. Obviously the EH has not had an auction for a year and don't have the usual batch of same old spares lots... A number of items for non coin op dealers and buyers. Even the Sun is out this weekend for them... But I am pleased the coin op enthusiasts will now have the option to attend either or both this year.
tdmnick

Post by tdmnick »

I decided not to go: partly as not much that interested me as I don't go for the reels and enamel signs of which there were many, and partly as I'd rather keep the old powder dry for next week just in case!

I will be interested to see though how much the singing bird with chicks automaton (Bontems) and the Bryan's Six-o-More go for.
mademenicole

Post by mademenicole »

Anybody up there visiting EH today ?

so could you please post the most interesting results ?

Thank you
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

Extremely Busy I believe @ EH.
High Prices on most items sold
Not the usual crowd he says....

Mills Bonus Hitops £1400
Jennings Buckaroo £5000

Average Hitops 600/700+
mademenicole

Post by mademenicole »

Results of
?????

Chicago Club house
Wurlitzer 3031
Honda Monkey
Heureka
Double Loop
4 Ball machine
Shield Catcher
3 Barrels
Tir Fritz
Poker Pintable
Cover girl
Jukebox Ami A
Beromat
Coke register

Thanks to aristomatic

Could you post it???
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

No idea of those prices I'm afraid.

Had a very short and difficult to hear mobile call
from a friend who was attending. He did say it's
taking some time to get thru the lots too............
mademenicole

Post by mademenicole »

Thank you.

May be your friend can later post the results.

Regards
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

The site will list results, Elephant that is, soon I am sure......

Well bloody hell, people really were desperate to own machines.....think of the highest price you would pay for a machine and add 30%.... :!: !OMFG!

I was not one of the lucky vendors to submit machines, they will take days to get home with the weights in their pockets.....bandits high, allwins, medium to high, some older wall machines as mentioned above seemed cheaper to me, but not cheap..

Good to see Gloria back in full swing. At last I left early and did not have to stand in the very long queue for an hour, as was getting very cold
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

be interesting to know how many lots didnt sell,Mr P. will work his crystal ball soon enough and "all will be revealed" !LOOK!
bill gates

Post by bill gates »

The EH was packed today. No chairs to sit on either....bandits are my interest and today was definitely a good day for sellers. Unfortunately for me, I decided to pass on the Buckley bones to save my money for the Jennings buckaroo which did look really nice. As it happened I missed out on both. I just wish the bones was listed later in the auction. Went quite cheap I thought. I ended up with nothing yet again....
Funny thing with the buckeroo, I lined up 4 jackpot symbols and machine didn’t trip the jackpot, the payout fingers didn’t go all the way through, so I lined up 3 bells which payed out, as I put machine back together an old guy scooped out the coins it paid and put them in his pocket and turned away! I wanted those to play it a little! Cheeky sod I thought to myself.....later he was the highest bidder for it so made me laugh even more :HaHa: oh, and another thing, three people were leaning on it, I was thinking to myself PLEASE don’t scratch it! The chrome work looked immaculate. Hate that... :lol:
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

Well this was the first time that i had entered bandits @ EH................................

I couldn't attend either auction but last week was almost driving past the EH so
decided to drop a few machines off, nothing special. By the slot prices realised
maybe should have took a few more down.....but hindsight is a wonderful thing

It's strange but a members large collection that he couldn't sell at prices he wanted
to achieve for a long time, has probably realised far greater returns today @ the EH.