Coventry Auction 25/11/18

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
JC

Re: Coventry Auction 25/11/18

Post by JC »

As always, thanks to everyone for your support - buyers for buying and sellers for giving us the stuff to sell. Prices seemed to be on the high side overall, with a couple of machines going through the roof - we usually break a record or two and this year will definitely be no exception. But as you say Tom, there were a few bargains too - I agree, both the Fireworks and the Ball Past the Arrow seemed to go cheaply. But hey, that's the nature of auctions. Most importantly, from the feedback I've had, everyone appears to have had a great day - and that's always the plan! It's why we run these events.
And a spring auction? Well, we're asked this every year - everyone wants to come and buy machines. Unfortunately, we do have a relatively small number of regular vendors, who never let us down, but by the same token don't have a limitless stock of machines to offer. However, things could be looking favourable for a spring bash next year, as I was approached by three sellers on Sunday, who between them could probably come up with 30+ machines. I was also approached by a well-known vintage fairground operator who has asked if we would be interested in a considerable amount of original fairground art. All of that, I think, would give us a good start with an auction in the spring. Jeremy and I haven't had a chance to talk yet, plus I need to talk further with the above mentioned vendors.........but it's looking like it could be a goer.

But back to last Sunday. Once again, thank you to everyone who came, sold and bought. We hope you all enjoyed the day, and from the feedback I've had (the texts and calls started Sunday evening) it seems like you all did.

Jerry
radiochrissie

Post by radiochrissie »

I lost my Coventry virginity @&@ thanks to all the organisers and ladies in the back room ! Tom, I will wear a carnation next time if it helps :lol:
JC

Post by JC »

....ladies in the back room
What? :shock: We've been running this bash for God knows how long, and I've never found this back room with ladies in it. So who else has been keeping this quiet? :#:
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

.…… I didn't want to corrupt you JC, but I have to make money somehow!

BP :!?!:
mademenicole

Post by mademenicole »

Hello
When results will be listed ??
Thanks
dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

Nice to read you all had a very nice day! When there will be an auction in spring i hope to visit it.
papa

Post by papa »

Anyone know how much the EASY PERM fetched?
scorpa163

Post by scorpa163 »

A very big thank you to Jerry, Jeremy and all the team for an excellent day.
A warm venue, plenty of seating and everybody nice and friendly.
Happy with the lots I sold and very happy with the a Steeraball I bought (big thank you to Les helping to lift it into the car.)
The pay in and pay out queues soon went down and I was on my way home just after 16.00.
Looking forward to next year.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

scorpa163 wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:28 pm
The pay in and pay out queues soon went down and I was on my way home just after 16.00.
Yes we're sorry about that.
We did try to drag out the queuing to pay in, but with three of us rattling through it we just failed.

BP :NBG:
JC

Post by JC »

When results will be listed ??
I'm working on the results right now. Should all be ready to view on our auction site sometime tomorrow. I shall also email the results to Mr PM, who will no doubt put them up in the ARENA as usual.
ollie h

Post by ollie h »

I would like to add to the positive feedback regarding the Coventry auction. It was my second after last year's. I thoroughly enjoyed it and was nice to speak to many like minded people about the hobby we all love, It’s not often I bump into people with similar interests in slots so it was good to have a chin wag. I would like to say a big thanks to the team for their organisation, Jerry and Jeremy I believe are the chaps behind the event so thanks to them especially. Kevin did a great job as auctioneer and I enjoyed his sense of humour. Amongst some smaller items I came away with two machines (the cheaper Bryans Elevenses and the Brenner Ball past the Arrow). Really happy with both machines and don’t think I overpaid luckily! Wasn’t really sure how much the Brenner was worth but having looked at the complex mechanism and general condition I feel like I got a good deal. Living in Dorset it is a fair trek for me (about 3 hours) but I definitely think I will have to make it a yearly pilgrimage. !THUMBS!
Roll on next year's auction. !!THUMBSX2!!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I think the proof that we achieved our often stated objective of supporting the hobby instead of just running a business has been realised this year.
How? Check eBay.

BP
tdmnick

Post by tdmnick »

badpenny wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:15 pm I think the proof that we achieved our often stated objective of supporting the hobby instead of just running a business has been realised this year.
How? Check eBay.
BP
I'd agree with that. Seemed to me that the machines sold went to a wide cross-section of people there, many of whom will keep them for personal entertainment and their collection, and (possibly because of the generally higher prices) the dealers certainly didn't have a monopoly on things.
sweetmeats

Post by sweetmeats »

Jimmycowman's request for rippler original paperwork. I put in all the items in the auction and had just one duplicate lot, THE RIPPLER all four pieces! It you would like to message me through the site with phone number I am sure I can help.
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

Results now posted

If the Sega bonus star is still unsold, please contact me via pm

Thx
JC

Post by JC »

Results are now online here:

http://www.vintageamusementsauctions.co ... 4594479591

I've also emailed them to Mr PM, so they should also be available in the ARENA soon.

Jerry
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Thank you Jerry...
And now also in the Arena with my pics.
clubconsoles

Post by clubconsoles »

I cannot believe someone paid £38 + Commission for $10 worth of nickels!!
watlingman

Post by watlingman »

You better believe it - I was there, dropped out at £15 !!!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

The exchange rate quoted is affected by Brexit.
Everything that has confused this country since the late 1960s is down to either Decimalisation or Brexit.
For a brief period in the 1970s The Bay City Rollers also had a detrimental knock on against the value of the Italian Lira, interestingly they improved the value of the Solomon Islands Banjo Gumban Bean.

When I looked at the nickels I was astonished at the number of them which were solid silver, probly'

BP '!'