Rol a Top Bird of Paradise

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
treefrog

Rol a Top Bird of Paradise

Post by treefrog »

Breaking the unwritten rule here for an unfinished item at auction, but suspect most interested would have seen as been online ages, so apologies in advance.

The Birds of Paradise Rol a Top at Semele auctions tomorrow has taken a big nose dive in pre-bids. Fairly certain had been bid up to £3800 and now dropped by two grand. Did notice the auctioneer has added a few points obviously mentioned by people around missing Gold Award parts and skills stops, but wonder what else is wrong as a big drop?

Never seen the console type before and assume a modern custom item. Very impressive looking......anyone view it as a long way away and suspect anyone bidding would have to see this item.
Attachments
45818749-FE4A-49F0-A8EC-5B59AE41086F.jpeg
28E64742-F454-4B22-8412-83426F62DFC3.jpeg
CA7CA9F8-FD21-4C26-B601-04FE1D85D017.jpeg
clubconsoles

Re: Rol a Top Birds of Paradise

Post by clubconsoles »

I have some extra pictures.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... 6TcbjuByKW
It is also missing the vender trip on the mech and the linkage on the inside of the case!
clubconsoles

Post by clubconsoles »

Although the reel strips look really nice, they are repro.
You can tell the originals as they have studs at the end of each strip
Attachments
f36f7800-95ae-45b9-a40f-9c684849edf9.jpg
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Thanks Nigel, I am clueless on Watling machines. I guess at least the whole machine is not a repro. Will be interesting to see where it goes money wise.

My favourite of the Rol a Tops is the Cherry front with the extra jackpot window at the top. I would make room for one of those. :cool:
daveslot

Post by daveslot »

This is in my local auction house, so was hoping to buy this very cheap :lol: but not now :HaHa: and no, it's not one of mine. Viewed it Thursday and told the auctioneer about the skill stops and GA trip missing. Could not check the rest as he would not let me take out the mech. The console is very well made but I don't think it compliments the machine. Could not tell if the case of the machine had been altered to accommodate the console. The biggest crime for me is that it has been chromed. All credit to the auctioneer, he did amend his catalogue re skills and GA.
daveslot

Post by daveslot »

3200 hammer + 30% if you bid on line.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

It was internet based so over £4200 in total.....based in Morphys sales results in recent years, it has to be worthwhile buying direct from the states now and so much more choice...