G'day from Brisbane

Tell us a bit about yourself.
lebowski

G'day from Brisbane

Post by lebowski »

Hi All

I just picked up a Jamieson Mini Golf wall machine which has lead me here. I don't see these often in Australia and not my usual thing but it looks cool. I have a small collection of 80s and 90s pinballs and arcades and a Rockola jukebox. I probably enjoy the hunt and restoration more than actually playing so its not often I buy a working machine.

Will start looking through the forum and will post a few questions soon about the Mini Golf game.

!!CHEERS!!
gameswat

Re: G'day from Brisbane

Post by gameswat »

There was a series of Jamieson's electro-mech wall games dating early 1970's similiar to and including your Golf, that were definitely exported here to Australia in some numbers because we were operator/dealers and purchased quite a few straight from operators in the 80's and early 90's. And I've seen others around Aust so somebody was acting as an agent here.
lebowski

Post by lebowski »

Where were they usually sited? They feel like they would do well in a pub.
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

Lebowski, I can only remember them as a kid at the one week a year Perth Royal Show in several arcades, don't remember ever seeing any in pubs, though I'm sure they were there too. Even though I was a kid in the 70's I actually spent a lot of time in pubs with my father where he either operated or was trying to site machines. At one point in the early 1970's my father had almost 100 billiard tables sited in Perth! I especially liked exploring around the old circa 1900 city hotels he often operated in. None of which ever had elevators, so when I started working for the family full time a little later those fun hotels became a nightmare, taking 6 x heavy slate topped 1960's billiard tables down tiny winding stairwells! We never operated any of the Jamieson's ourselves just rebuilt and sold to operators and then collectors. I bet they did well in specific sites suited to the themes, bowling game in bowling alleys, golf at golf club etc. And milk bars and arcades always took this stuff.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

you might find this history of the company interesting,it shows the other machines in the mini golf series

http://www.penny-arcade.info/the-jamissons-collection
lebowski

Post by lebowski »

Thanks coppinpr, it has a great history of Jamiesons. That site and this forum popped up in my initial searches about Jamieson's, but after looking through the posts I realise that this era of machine is not the focus here.

It been interesting reading about the old slots, as in Australia it's illegal to own them. And on the local forums its frowned upon posting anything about them.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Don't get this site wrong, we are interested in ALL slots and vending machines prior to 1980, especially British made ones and we do have quite a few members from down under.