Bally coin mech.

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
pennywise

Bally coin mech.

Post by pennywise »

Hi guys.
I'm wanting a 1p coin mech for a Bally Gold Award machine. It's the brass one that's about 3 inch by 5 inch, just clips out. There was a chap selling on ebay not long ago but has now gone off ebay so I'm hoping that someone on this site knows the name of the seller so I could get in touch to buy one or they might even be on this site. If anyone knows, could they please let me know. Can't find any anywhere. Many thanks if you could help.🤞🤞
brigham

Re: Bally coin mech.

Post by brigham »

The BALLY Gold Award conversion is originally on 6d. for two or three plays, depending on the model.
Mine was on New Penny, and a little careful 're-shaping' of the coin accepter soon had it back on tanners.
The payout was a different story. Has yours got the sector payout, instead of the hopper, and a hand-filled tube for the 5/- Gold Award?
pennywise

Post by pennywise »

Doesn't have the hopper and has the small hand filled tube. I have a Gold Award and I sold one but it didn't have the slot in coin mech so that's why I'm trying to locate one for a friend I sold it to.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

I can't remember who the big maker of these slot in coin mech was. There is a thread on the forum somewhere, but it was years ago. Anyway they are very common, pretty much all pintables from the '60s and '70s used them. They are exactly the same for the Bally. My guess is any of the sites selling pintable spares will have as many as you need in 3d, 6d set ups. Adapting a 6d is fairly easy.
malcymal

Post by malcymal »

I'm going down to Pagham Beach next Saturday on an errand. I will ask Dean at the amusements (if he's open), whether he has any penny mechs kicking about as he operates the gold award machines with token payout. Although he's on the 2p coinage on all his Ballys they have been operating since the early seventies where 1p conversion would have been the norm and he's often given me parts for some of my machines. I'm thinking it might be a bit early for him to be operating, but every so often he opens up out of season.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

coppinpr wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:51 pm I can't remember who the big maker of these slot in coin mech was.

Coin Controls Inc. S10 Acceptor?
pennywise

Post by pennywise »

Thanks guys, someone put me onto a shop in Hull so I've given him the number and hopefully they can help him.
JC

Post by JC »

I don't know if Coin Controls are still producing S10 mechs - they sold the rights and tooling for S1 mechs a few years ago to Eurocoin, who may also be producing S10 mechs.