Bally 809-f

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
neox666x

Bally 809-f

Post by neox666x »

Hey there...

Now I have a Bally 809-f without hopper.
Is it possible to use it without that?
Or does anyone know where I can get one?
And another problem is the coin mechanic by insert coin.
There are two ways for the coin .... how does the machine switch between the two ways?

Thx for help
Thomas
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Bally 809-f

Post by badpenny »

Hi Thomas …..

Welcome to the forum.
Please post photos of your machine and the areas concerning your questions.

Thanks

BP :cool:
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

We do have one or two Bally experts here, but these electro-mechanical bandits are well outside my area of interest and knowledge. There is intelligent discussion of your model at this website, so they may be worth visiting.

This manual covers the 809.

I believe the very comprehensive Owner's Pictorial Guide for the Care and Understanding of the Bally Electromechanical Slot Machine provides detailed instructions on the repair and maintenance of your model. Unfortunately, it is now very expensive to buy.

I've no idea how easy it is to find a hopper, or whether they are standard between models, but it certainly won't work without one, as this complex component handles the payouts.

Bally 809 P:

coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

This is the cheapest you can get the repair manual (direct from the publisher) but it's the postage that kills it. If you are prepared to buy it and have it sent to an address in the USA I can get it for you without the international postage... but I can't get it here till late May.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bally-Electrom ... Sw0vJbS-uE
Attachments
BalyManual.jpg
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Could be your lucky day, not one but two parts only Ballys with hoppers on Ebay that SHOULD be cheap.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/401733000194
slotey

Post by slotey »

The two Rio slots hoppers that are listed may well be u/s for the Bally 809. The Rio slots have a 20p top payout. On 2p play that's 10 coins. My 809 has a top payout on coin one of 200 coins. I can only guess yours may be the same, but with the total lack of info, can only guess. The seller of the Rios other listing shows two Gold Awards with a hopper on the top of one. I can't see it all, but looks like it may be a better hopper for what you want. My advice to anyone - an incomplete machine and having no electrical knowledge - these machines are best avoided. Bally are one of my favourite games - an 809, 6 Coin Multiplier, Money Honey, Reel Deal, Tic Tac Toe, Sir Prize - have a place with my other machines, and being an electrician helps a lot keeping them in working order.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

slotey wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:36 pm The two Rio slots hoppers that are listed may well be u/s for the
Off Topic, for which I apologise, but all my life whereas I've understood u/s to mean broken. I've often wondered the origin of the expression. I always thought it meant Up the Shoot (Chute)
Seem it means unserviceable, which makes more sense.

BP !SMARTY!
slotey

Post by slotey »

u/s = useless - I always understood that's what it meant.