Orion coin drop mechanism

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
tomo55

Orion coin drop mechanism

Post by tomo55 »

Hi,
The coin drop mechanism isn't working on my machine. The coin just drops straight through. I have taken it apart and found a loose piece that may be the cause of the problem. It's S shaped and about 4cm long with a slot in the end and a protruding bit on the other end. Does anyone know where it's supposed to fit? I will try send photos but no good at computer stuff. The mechanism is off a German wall machine, Orion.
Thanks
bri
Attachments
DSCN0470a.jpg
DSCN0469a.jpg
treefrog

Re: Orion coin drop mechanism

Post by treefrog »

Having worked on loads recently and one part that disintegrates, this part is a coin guide that should sit as shown... Make sure it's the right way around and rebuilt flat when screwing in, so it does not move.

I assume your machine is a 1D conversion - seen many variations on guides as it appears many different firms did them.
Attachments
D9F26A6B-5907-4920-9E56-9A9B8663594a.jpg
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

As TF says it's common enough thing to happen.
Not only is it part of the guide for the coins to follow it also has to be the same thickness as the coin as it holds the two plates apart far enough for the right ones to travel through.

BP !THUMBS!

PS that in itself is not going to stop coins dropping through. We have already covered this very part in a recent thread. In your case I think the only thing missing is a mere spring. Read this thread it will explain all …….
Rotomat repair
tomo55

Post by tomo55 »

Thank you for the prompt response. The small piece I refer to has a hole at one end. Should anything such as rod or screw go through this?
Also, where should the spring be you refer to. I can't see anything missing.
Thanks, bri
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

I think BP is talking about below spring, which holds tension on the coin release lever.... If not attached, the coin will drop and forms part of the coin entry... Can’t see in your pictures, but you may have elsewhere.....
Attachments
BC8286CA-5013-45B6-AA5D-76075282345E.jpeg
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

tomo55 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:57 pm Thank you for the prompt response. The small piece I refer to has a hole at one end. Should anything such as rod or screw go through this?
Also, where should the spring be you refer to. I can't see anything missing.
Thanks, bri
Treefrog perfectly answered your issue about the loose bit, I added to it.
Then I pointed out that your original question was about coins dropping through. I pointed out that was a different issue and pointed you to a recent thread which covers that very issue.
Treefrog's photo shows you the spring I think is missing. The thread I directed you to explains what it's all about.

Good luck
BP
PS As for the broken bit, as it's broken off there probably aren't any corresponding holes in the plates that sandwich it for you to use screws. I'd just use a little blob of superglue. Once it's in place you won't need to dismantle it again.