Mills Golden Falls help please

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
dodgy37

Mills Golden Falls help please

Post by dodgy37 »

Found what I think is a Mills Golden Falls in my dad's shed when he died. It's blue, seems to work OK, lazy 3rd reel. Is it worth restoring? Looked on Ebay seems everything is in the USA, e.g. parts. Don't know what colour it was supposed to be originally or if it's correct as it is. Any help would be appreciated.
Attachments
Mills
Mills
treefrog

Re: Mills golden falls help please

Post by treefrog »

Welcome,

Looks a nice machine and, yes, colour has been changed, as many brought to the U.K. were... I am sure you have googled images to see what most look like with gold upper and dark lower. Only other observation - for some reason the lower half of the award plate has gone, but they are fairly easy to get.

Might just need a service on the mechanism to get running sweet... Any other concerns?
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

As Tom says, well worth restoring and any parts for these are easy to get, but it's unlikely it will need any. Perhaps a new award plate (available from Mr slot in the US) and a new lock for the hand filled jackpot - well worth the expense. Here is one I did some years ago so you can see the original colours etc. Does it have the back door, coin box, keys?
Attachments
finished.jpg
dodgy37

Post by dodgy37 »

Hi,
Thanks for the replies. No front lock, no back lock, missing bottom payout plate (as you mentioned). It was paying out - now seems to have stopped paying out on a win. Do you brush paint them or spray? Sounds tricky!!! Mr slot - is he a website or Ebay???
Thanks, jon