EH / Collector Connector sales

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
cheeky

Re: Elephant House Auctions

Post by cheeky »

Agreed. It’s been dropping year on year with preference for later machines which are now some of the most sought after. Times are a changing. I wonder what we will be saying in another 20 years.... or sooner.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

cheeky wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:23 pm Agreed. It’s been dropping year on year with preference for later machines which are now some of the most sought after. Times are a changing. I wonder what we will be saying in another 20 years.... or sooner.
I fully expect at that point I'd be banging on my lid and shouting "Get me outta here, I demand a second opinion!"

BP !!DIG!!
cait001

Post by cait001 »

cheeky wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:23 pm Agreed. It’s been dropping year on year with preference for later machines which are now some of the most sought after. Times are a changing. I wonder what we will be saying in another 20 years.... or sooner.
You see this a lot in American pinball collecting too. Not many people want the 30s-60s games much any more and their prices have stagnated or dropped, whiles 80s-onward has been on fire.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

I am sure there will always be a greater level of demand for machines that people can remember, but think about it, most people I have seen for example into jukeboxes were not around when they operated, same is with most machines. I remember no allwins, jukes, a few bandits, but collect them. There will always be an interest in rare old items as someone else will always come along.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Well the first auction of the year and boy was it cold at the Elephant today. I see it put a lot of regulars off, probably around a dozen slotty punters there. The lots were part another collectors passing and many needed a lot of TLC....this did not put off the bidders though and I was surprised at the levels they reached with the condition, no bargains today :#:

Nicest machine of the day, very original Bryan’s Elevenses......

Still I got one item I was after......looking forward to the next auction around the land coming up !!THUMBSX2!!
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Latest sale results are now up on the Elephant House results page,
and here in the Arena.
brigham

Post by brigham »

Genuine GPO Telephone No. 150 for fifteen quid.
Now THAT'S a bargain!
Beromat types are still cheap; I wish I liked them. Alwins in general I thought reasonable.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

All a good reason to attend auctions.......

The telephone was not complete and the Beromats were seriously rough and I mean seriously.... none worked properly, most missing bits or very bad/missing cabinets. I would have been happy if it were me selling them and about to dig out about 15 I have stored. :cool:
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Tomorrows auction (31st March) looks a strange one, possibly a buyer day rather than a sellers. Kicks off with about 10 trade stims in a row then it fades away a bit before bouncing back with about 8 Jennings Chief style machines in a row. There are, I think, three cranes plus two or three crane/digger mechs. There are even three Bryans Bullions, one after the other. There is a long row of Bandits, but not so many Allwins as usual it seemed to me at first sight, but there are actually 25 including 4 Elevenses also pretty much all in a row. Clearly a lot of fairground stuff and a very large number of illuminated arcade signs. With over 400 lots, it's going to be a long uncomfortable day... not the sit back in the bar style of Coventry. :NBG:
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

I'm banned from going - it's mothers day........ Some nice machines there. Shame :dammit:
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Take your mother (and her purse) for a day out!! :cool:
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

Going to Cadburys World - yum yum 😁 😁 😁 lol
bill gates

Post by bill gates »

Last EH auction I went to, they had the trade stimulators lined up on tables in front of the auctioneers podium. Once sold, the machines and tables are removed to make space for people to sit and gather. Only interested in a couple of things this auction. Will be a very long day for me :#:
mademenicole

Post by mademenicole »

Does anybody know todays results of EH auction ??

Especially Victory Flag and Clown Catcher machine??

Thanks
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

I've seen a definite pattern to your posts Mademenicole, so was intrigued enough to look up your post history. Now I have to ask, why after every EH auction you are so desperate for auction results ASAP? !PUZZLED! They usually get posted within a day or two anyway. At first I assumed you wanted to check on your absentee bids, because I'm guessing Steve is slow to let people know after the auction, but maybe not so as you often ask about any high priced items as well as specific names? Would be nice if you occasionally had something to tell us for a change, rather than the same question email over and over and over....
bryans fan

Post by bryans fan »

mademenicole wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:37 pm Does anybody know todays results of EH auction ??

Especially Victory Flag and Clown Catcher machine??

Thanks
With 400+lots and the auction starting at 1pm I would think it was still going when you posted your question.
mademenicole

Post by mademenicole »

You are right.
I forgot that it means 1pm UK time....
!PUZZLED!
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Must have finished about 6 - bidding was super fast today and no long queues to pay. I didn't get all the results - too much chin wagging, but I'll put what I have in the Arena tomorrow if time allows.
bill gates

Post by bill gates »

136 Clown Catcher £760
139 Allied Flags £1420

101 Mutoscope £3000
114 Grandma fortune teller £6,400!
118 Rotary table crane machine £1,200

Just a few from earlier...
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

What did the Pussy Shooter make? !PUZZLED!