GPO Uniselector wanted.

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
fourfive

GPO Uniselector wanted.

Post by fourfive »

Hi, I am currently restoring an old electronic wall machine, there are a few parts missing from the GPO uniselector (see picture).
Can anyone sell me the missing parts or point me in the right direction so i might aquire the same.
Many thanks.
Attachments
double up2.jpg
special when lit

Re: GPO Uniselector wanted.

Post by special when lit »

That's my old one!
Be sure to post some pics when it's finished, I'd love to see it.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Try.............. wilcouk@btinternet.com who had some type2 for sale a while back...

Then there is this ebay'er mcgettigan5401 who is currently auctioning some ex GPO hardware and has listed auctions in the past for uniselectors.

Badpenny
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

Special When Lit wrote:That's my old one!
Be sure to post some pics when it's finished, I'd love to see it.
I also hope you post some photos when you get it finished and working !!THUMBSX2!! so I can see what I missed out on :cry: ..... I was the one you outbid .. good luck with the restoration, Stuart.:tarah:
operator bell

Post by operator bell »

I have a couple of uniselectors gathering dust in my garage but they're a slightly different style - Australian telecom, I believe. How many contact banks does it need? It looks like there are six or eight in that photo.
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

Hi fourfive :D , I hope your restoration efforts are going well !!THUMBSX2!! , I have found some info on the GPO uniselectors that may be of help to you and others who are working on the same type of machine, check out this link... http://www.samhallas.co.uk/repository/d ... es_4_1.pdf And good luck with your machine... :tarah:
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

Hi :D , Just seen this...
50 TO 100 Uniseletors on Ebay now! Item No.160316043394 .

If you need one get it now... :tarah:
Attachments
25d5_1.jpg
fourfive

Post by fourfive »

Thanks for that Slotalot, £5.50 + £8.00 p+p, now the fun will start soldering it in place as it looks slightly different.
Any advice is more than welcome.
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

Hi fourfive :D , I thought you might bid on this, well done... it looks different but I think it will work in just the same way as the GPO uniselectors. I know that he said it had 26 ways on it but I think you will find it has only 25, same as ours, the 26th contact will be for the wipers, the voltage will be the same @ 50v.... Have you seen the uniselector guide I posted in the forum resources?.... my only tip is take lots of colour photos of the old unit before you disconnect it in case you lose track of what goes where :!?!:... what was wrong with the old unit?.... Regards Stuart.
fourfive

Post by fourfive »

There were parts missing from it, the coil and the mechanism that turns the little wheel round.
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

Hi :D , In that case I would isolate the coil wires that will be hanging free, and try to turn the wheel with the machine powered up to see if the lights work OK before disconnecting any more wires from the uniselector, that way you will see if it's just the coil that's the problem :oops: ..... An RCD, Rubber gloves & an Insulated Screw Driver & lots of care are recommended, Good luck.... Regards Stuart. :tarah:
Attachments
elektro.gif
elektro.gif (19.46 KiB) Viewed 848 times