General vintage slot machine related topics.
atticbrowser

Whales stereo viewer coin mech advice

Postby atticbrowser » Sun May 05, 2019 11:15 am

After the interesting discussion we had a few months ago about coin-op stereo viewers I’ve been prompted to get my coin op viewers out of the various cupboards and guest bedrooms where they have been languishing. I’ve resolved to get at least a couple of them tidied up and working properly. I’ve started with this Whales viewer which I suspect will be well known in this community. Good news is the motor and light are working. A previous owner had installed a new motor and grounded the electrics. What isn’t working is the coin operation. The levers that seem implicated in switching the motor and light on and off are complete but out of order. There is a spring hanging loose and I can’t see where to attach it. There is a horizontal lever that looks as if it should be moved by the impact of a falling penny but I can’t work out where it should be positioned. I’d greatly value any advice or some photos of a working mechanism I can look at. Although this is the Whales machine I wonder, from a couple of brief pictures I’ve see if the mech inside a Peerless viewer is very similar. Thank you as always for any help.

bryans fan

Re: Whales stereo viewer coin mech advice

Postby bryans fan » Sun May 12, 2019 7:59 am

Hi
I sent you a PM on the 5th May. I don't think you have seen it, as it's still in my outbox.

atticbrowser

Postby atticbrowser » Mon May 13, 2019 5:33 am

Thank you!

pennymachines
Site Admin

Postby pennymachines » Mon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm

So are the rest of us not to benefit from your expertise BF? :cry:

bryans fan

Postby bryans fan » Mon May 13, 2019 2:04 pm

I can`t access my machine at present, but as soon as I do I will post pictures on here for all to enjoy!