Unusual Aristocrat Olympic four reeler

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
coppinpr

Unusual Aristocrat Olympic four reeler

Post by coppinpr »

Can anyone answer a couple of questions about this four reel aristo please?
Just out of interest, is it an unusual model? First I've seen, so I don't know. Four reels in this case must have been a push.
And can anyone tell me what was on the belly glass before someone "adapted" it"?
Attachments
four-reel-special-2a.jpg
four-reel-special-1a.jpg
four-reel-special-3a.jpg
treefrog

Re: unusual Aristo Olympic four reeler

Post by treefrog »

I could be wrong as is often the case, but I reckon this is a mixture machine....this theme Four Reel Special was a standard Aristocrat machine option in the Nevada range and obviously four reeler... I have some flyers somewhere. Also see below a few versions (one is a one of our colleague's machines). I have never seen these in an Arcadian/Olympic type cabinet like this and wonder if a mech has been put in. You will also see the lower panel may have been chopped as they are different in size to the Nevada/Grosvenor/Kingsway machines. The missing area obviously is payouts amounts.

On payouts, the slides do not look like a 4 reel payout, which should be substantial, also there is a gap so some slides missing.
Attachments
E331C831-1718-421B-ACB7-F69C5603CF1a.jpg
A2463CDC-1F94-4BE8-A76B-25739BBB6F7a.jpg
malcymal

Re: Unusual Aristocrat Olympic four reeler

Post by malcymal »

The Grosvenor would have been a hand pay for jackpots with the 23 win paid by the stack. So coin slide stack not much higher than a regular 18 pay stack. So, yes, although it looks odd that the reel bundle has been pushed into an Olympic case the principle of play in an operator's venue would still work. Get a jackpot, call attendant for hand pay.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Malc, all machines excluding hopper type would be operator pay for large awards. Point I am making is the four reelers were 23 coin payout, same as other manufacturers. This machine has been modified to 20 coin payout as per the award card, but is missing half its slides. I can only see 3 slides up to 10 coin payout... They will jump around all over the place.

Funny at the Elephant, the only Aristocrat I bothered to look at, an Olympic Lucky Penny, had the same issue, missing slides... Odd as described as working and good condition.... You need eyes in the back of your head at auctions.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

The guy asking about this machine did say some slides were missing. Also that his father changed the payouts from 23 to 20 years ago (?). I think this one must have had some sort of extra payout on the top right of the belly glass (I'm assuming the "plus 23" ), as he said his father also cut out the the two section parts of the artwork at the same time as converting the payouts. All of the standard payouts seem to be on top of the belly glass box,

I thought it might be a mixed bag as 4 reels in that case looks odd, but I was surprised the 4 reel mech actually fitted in!
I rather like it though. :cool:
chris rideout

Post by chris rideout »

The 4 reel Aristocrat that I remember was called the Quadreel and appeared during the summer of 1974. At the time, there was a surge in 4 reel machines but most of them were electric with hold buttons. Bally also had a few 4 reel electro mechanical machines at the time. Not long afterwards, Aristocrat decided to go one jump ahead and brought in the Quintette which, as the name implies, had 5 reels.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Their first four reeler I believe was the Clubmaster, wish I had one :#: , but as previously mentioned, I have bagged and partially restored the next generation machine, the Sheerline 4 reeler... circa 1961.... Next came the Nevadas and then, more common in this country, the four reeler Regal 22s... Think I have three... Then as mentioned onto '70s stuff with Kingsways, Elites and Esprits.

coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

With ref to the Olympic four reeler I posted a photo of on this tread, can someone tell me what are the correct slides needed for this machine to pay the awards shown which are: 2, 5, 10, 14, 18, 20, and 23, please?
Am I right in thinking it's 3 x 5, 2 x 4, 1 x 3, and 1 x 2, or have I got it all wrong? Not having the machine myself, and having never had one, I'm not at all sure.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

If you add it up, that equals 28....

The slides are the same as most bandit 2 pay cherry machines, but with extra 3 slide on top... so from bottom up, 2,3,5,4,4,2,3

Can’t believe any private owner would modify a machine by 3 coins (like why?). This surely was an operator modification... The only excuse some private owners often frig with payouts is when using wrong coin and changing all pays down a bit.... I hate this, as no doubt any risk of damage using wrong coin still exists.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Tom, I actually put it down wrong. What I should have put was 2 x 5, 2 x 4,1 x 3, 1 x 2. The reason I thought it might be that way was because the machine has only been using 6 slides, BUT if you think it should really be as you list them I'll get him to change the slides. He has no 5 coin slides. Do you have any... please?
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Funny I bought boxes of slides years ago at the Elephant, 99% were without tabs and most were coinage or size I would never use, eg 2 coin 1p slides

Not sure whether I have any....can look of course. I am sure BP will post you lots of pictures of slides in the Derby sale if all they didn’t all end up in Holland, bugger knows what they would do with 6D slides by the thousand of course !PUZZLED!
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

strangely the guy im trying to help with the slides lives in.........you guessed it ,Holland :lol: