Sega reel strip number????

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
pennywise

Sega reel strip number????

Post by pennywise »

Hi guys,
Would anyone be able to help me out with the reel strip numbers for my Sega as mine have been changed at some point in its life? I would like to put back to original with the melons as they have been blacked out on the pay card on the front.
Attachments
20190608_114433a.jpg
coppinpr

Re: Sega reel strip number????

Post by coppinpr »

Out of interest, have the melon payout holes been welded over or clipped shut?
brigham

Post by brigham »

Are there still Melons on the reels?
As far as I remember, the Melons drop the jackpot, same as the Bars.
Look for extra Lemons, if the Melons are missing.
Then it's just a matter of un-blanking the holes in the payout discs.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Is the mechanism a Sega mech, as this is a clone machine and the strips are Mills variant?

From memory standard Sega strips without any special features like stars, £, 7s etc. I think are labelled SG1, SG2, SG3..... As has been mentioned though, you will need to check what the pay disks actually are, as they may not be what you are expecting. Are the existing strips matching the payouts and what is the reference on them? If not sure, list them out and we can check.
pennywise

Post by pennywise »

coppinpr wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:29 pm Out of interest, have the melon payout holes been welded over or clipped shut?
I have found a couple of holes that have been clipped shut but dont know what it applies to as i dont know if the full mech has been changed with the exsisting strips or have the strips just been replaced.
brigham wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:31 pm Are there still Melons on the reels?
As far as I remember, the Melons drop the jackpot, same as the Bars.
Look for extra Lemons, if the Melons are missing.
Then it's just a matter of un-blanking the holes in the payout discs.
No melons on these reels but have been scrubbed off the payout card and i do think that they drop the jackpot same as the bars. Lots of lemons on the reel strips but no lemon award payout.
pennywise

Post by pennywise »

Posted a couple of pics of mech and strip number so really if this is not the Sega mech there is no point putting Sega reel strips in then.
At the moment not paying because the 1st reel is stopping short of the groove on the reel disc, so I need to find out how to move the pay disc around about 10mm so the back stopper fits in all 3 grooves on the discs. Done a video so hope someone knows what I'm talking about.
I moved the 1st reel to the bell fruit on the pay line and looks like the hole has been plugged so I'm guessing it would never pay the jackpot. I think I need to get this reel stopping at the correct position before I go any further so I can suss out the payouts.

video of reel payout disc.
Attachments
20190611_122718a.jpg
20190611_122413a.jpg
20190611_122745a.jpg
20190611_122802a.jpg
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Not sure one can be hundred % sure on make of mech, but looks like maybe Sega. Are any MLB stamps on parts, side or back, perhaps a picture from rear would help.

You never confirmed if payouts are as per the reel strips, which would confirm the pay discs you have.

You alignment issue on reel one looks like either the reel stop pivot is not moving correctly or you may need to adjust the reel by adjusting the position using the nut clamps on the hub of that reel.

As stated they are Mills strips
pennywise

Post by pennywise »

So I found MLB number on the casting but on the reel payout I also found 777 stamped on there. I can't workout the payouts until I sort the first reel out as it is stopping short as in the picture. I've adjusted the reel clamp but when the handle is pulled it is still out by about 10mm so the finger isn't going into the payout hole.
It looks like the strips are all wrong so my only option is take the reels out and when the holes are lined up make a not of the wins and make my own strips unless anyone got an easier way.🤔 Doing my head in now. 😪
Attachments
20190611_141255a.jpg
20190611_141503a.jpg
20190611_141542a.jpg
brigham

Post by brigham »

It's certainly got blanked-off holes, but the extra symbols look to be oranges, not lemons, which is odd.
I'd clear away all those 'stuck-over' symbols, and see what's beneath.
pennywise

Post by pennywise »

Just goes to show how much people got ripped off. I've now worked out why it's not paying out more than 1 cherry win. When I line up a 3 reel win the finger shoots forward in to the hole in the first reel, but stops and doesn't go through the other 2 holes.
At this stage looking at the boot at the end of the vertical fingers
It is about 10mm away from hitting the payout fingers. So the thing stopping them from going forward is the reset bar for the vertical fingers. Does this mean the fingers have likely been changed just to rip people off or am I missing something?
Has anyone else come across this problem, any ideas? The only thing I could think is bend the boot slightly so it hits the payout fingers or fill the gap between the boot and the payout fingers. Really any help would be good.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

First answering the disc alignment, if you have aligned the reel discs when you have loosened and then tinged the clamps on reel one and they still skip out when playing, you may need to adjust the star wheel on the reel tin. These are held by screws and should have enough adjustment to cover half a star wheel tooth, which is probably out of kilter...

New issue, the boot - I assume this refers to the lower part of the upper finger that engages the horizontal fingers. Is this issue happening on every win/finger? If only one, which win is this? Can you take a picture from rear of the issue. Can you check the lower part of the finger, as each win will be cut to engage the correct horizontal fingers. I have known the wrong fingers to be installed, also on higher win to have been chopped by operators. Some upper fingers are bent slightly differently, like the cherry wins - tend to be bent inwards more.... If you can get a close-up of the lower part of the upper fingers, it might help, but the issue may be something else, like the payout locking lever on the side of the mechanism that stops the fingers engaging - common issue, catches people out all the time, so piccie from side of mechanism as well....(showing whole of mech from side please). Edited, see picture below, not all machines have this lever.
Attachments
21505546-5499-49FA-AAE2-84ACE035AD6a.jpg
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

The payouts are fixable, but always frustrating to work on. My advice would be get it paying out as it should be for these strips and change the award card if needs be.

The payout problem you have would not be an operator inflicted one, it would make no sense - punters would continually be pestering the attendant for wins showing that hadn't paid.

First, get all three reels stopping in the right place (I'm surprised adjusting the reel clamp didn't fix this?). So what you're saying is the bar that holds the vertical fingers back from the payout discs is not moving far enough to the right during the wind down (when viewed from behind the mech) to allow the fingers to go to the edge of the frame that holds them, thus right through all three discs on a three (or, I presume) 2 reel winner? If so, then the starting position for that bar (which is set at the "at rest" position of the mech cycle) would seem to be not quite returning to the full start position. This could be as simple as a weak main spring or very dirty clock, but I'll bet it's that payout lock Tom mentions above, except you said 1 cherry pays, and nothing else(?) How about a video of the rear of the machine during the cycle please.
pennywise

Post by pennywise »

TF, please don't laugh but I never saw the locking bar lever as I don't have one on the mech that I was looking at. I moved the lever to the right and it released the reset bar...DOH!!!🤣 I could kick myself.

Now it pays out perfect as the pay card on the machine shows, but it needs the original reel strips now as it pays on:
1 cherry 2 coins
2 cherries 5 coins
3 oranges 10 coins
3 plumbs 14 coins, although the plumbs have been blocked for some reason so will unplug the hole.
3 bells 18 coins
Melons or bars pays 20 plus the jackpot.

Would anyone know where I could buy the reel strips from or am I better off just making my own?

P.s Big thanks for all the help guys - feels like I won the lotto when I sorted it out. 🤣