Help identifying this coinshooter / allwin

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
faautomater

Help identifying this coinshooter / allwin

Post by faautomater »

Hello everyone and greetings from Denmark (first post on this forum !!YIPPEE!! ).

I was recently asked to restore this old wall-hanger.

Queen_Coin_game_wallhanger(2).jpg

Queen_Coin_game_wallhanger(3).jpg

Queen_Coin_game_wallhanger(1).jpg

https://www.foghandersen.com/

As always I try to do my research on a machine, in order to get the restoration right and make it look and function as originally as possible. However, every now and again, it just seems impossible to find any information. This is one of those times - So I'm reaching out to you guys. I have been through all the literature available to me (online and in book form) and found nothing.

This machine has undergone several other restorations / modifications in the past. Therefore some parts may be missing, though most of it seems to be there. The "Queen" name may not be original to the machine either. Hard to tell. It's most likely either German, English or French.

It does remind me a bit of this machine, though it's clearly not the same. But that's the closest I've come.

Anyone able to assist? A company name, machine name - perhaps even a photo. Any information would be helpful. Thanks.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Help identifying this coinshooter / allwin

Post by badpenny »

Hi faautomater …….

Welcome to our happy little family.
I'm always impressed that people from your part of the world speak our language … on average better than we ourselves do.
The expression Wall-hanger amused me, it is so descriptive. The fact I'd never heard it before is meaningless of course, there's a lot of things I don't know.
Why they hung my Father ...
Where babies really come from ...
The identity of your machine
..... I thought I recognised it, but having just pored through the books I own that are most likely to be descriptive of the sort, I have drawn a blank, sorry.

I'll now leave it for someone else to post the answer to your quandary, perhaps they'll also know why my Father was hung.

BP :cool:
faautomater

Post by faautomater »

Thank you for taking the time to go through your books and posting an answer. Too bad it was fruitless. Hopefully someone else will have better luck.

As for the "wall-hanger" thing :HaHa: I don't believe I can take credit for coining that. I may have picked it up from one of the American coin-op sites I frequent. Not really sure !PUZZLED! I didn't think about it until you mentioned it.
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

Hello Faautto, the machine doesn't appear to be English in any way, most likely German I'd imagine since they cornered the market in coin flicking machines. This game seems to be running on a small coin from new and I can't imagine there was any want or need to export such a game from the UK to Europe where they always had many versions to choose from. The work to convert this from using the large penny playfield to a small coinage playfield such as this would have been highly prohibitive! The interior gold lacquered tinwork reminds me of Jentzsch & Meerz. And the front and back opening doors is something rarely if ever seen on UK wall games. Also the side coin entry is again something common in German construction but rare in UK machines. Good luck with it.
cait001

Post by cait001 »

faautomater wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:24 pm https://www.foghandersen.com/

As always I try to do my research on a machine, in order to get the restoration right and make it look and function as originally as possible. However, every now and again, it just seems impossible to find any information. This is one of those times - So I'm reaching out to you guys. I have been through all the literature available to me (online and in book form) and found nothing.
Your site is amazing! OMG! Thank goodness for Google translate.
What glorious machines you have and you have given them life.

As for your machine here, why obviously it's a pachinko machine! ;)
I kid, but please let us know your progress as I would love to share this beautiful machine with all the pachinko fans online.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

I agree, it's not British. The case appears to be pine, which is not usual for Jentzsch & Meerz or other German machines. Could it be Scandinavian, where pine and fingerschlägers predominate? Or Danish?
faautomater

Post by faautomater »

Thanks to everyone for their feedback.

I agree that the machine looks and feels German. I doubt that it's from Jentzsch & Meerz though, as their machines are fairly well documented and I haven't found it. But who knows :!?!: I'm no expert.

In any case I very much doubt that it could be a Danish or even Scandinavian machine. Very few coin-op games came out of here during that period - and I've never heard of any wall-hangers / coin games like this one. For some reason Denmark mostly made vending machines in the early 20th century. But those we made tons of ... some of which were exported - also to the UK.

I will try one of the German forum. My German isn't quite up to par, but I guess I'll have to muddle through. I can read it so, so - but my written German is terrible. Perhaps I'll just capitulate and write it in English, though that may be frowned upon by the other users.

Thanks again. Let me know if something turns up. I will do the same.