Aristocrat Olympic Wheelie

Advice and guidance on repair and restoration techniques.
timbaitson

Aristocrat Olympic Wheelie

Post by timbaitson »

Hi,
This is my first post so I apologise now if I commit any sins... I have an Aristocrat Olympic Wheelie, had it for about 25 years. Bought it from a chap in West Yorkshire called Ronnie Rose. It has never really paid out correctly but it's a nice showpiece. I'm giving it to my daughter for her new home (she loved playing with it when she was a kid). I would like to have it working correctly but don't have the time to fix it. I have looked at the threads explaining how to set it up to pay out etc. but I just don't have time... Is there anybody on this forum who could give it a coat of looking at or knows someone who could help? I'm in Durham but would travel.
Thank you for your help in advance, it's much appreciated.

Tim
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Aristocrat Olympic Wheelie

Post by badpenny »

Hi timbaitson ….

Nice to have you here.
There are many members who could help you out, so I'll leave it to them to respond.

I could do it for you, I'm in Lincoln and have just finished one (a Mills Hi-top) for one of our members today.

It might help others to give an opinion if you post some photos of it, inside and out, so we can check it's complete. Spares aren't too forthcoming for Australian Bandits, but if it's a strip down, clean, lubricate, recalibrate and put back up, it should be no problem.

BP !!THUMBSX2!!
timbaitson

Post by timbaitson »

Hi BP,
Thank you for your reply.... is it really Australian?! I never knew that!
Yes I reckon a strip down, lubricate etc. is the way forward. How much does that cost please?
I'll upload some photos when I work out how to do it

Thanks again

Tim
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I'll pm you