Event This Summer in Derby

General vintage slot machine related topics.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Event This Summer in Derby

Post by badpenny »

The Summer Slotty Event ~The Summer Slotty Event ~The Summer Slotty Event ~The Summer Slotty Event ~The Summer Slotty

Venue - Rapid Scaffolding, Osmaston Road Business Park, Osmaston Rd, Derby DE23 8LD

Following the success of last year's event we've been asked if we can do another this year …… YES WE CAN!!!!

In case you're new to the hobby and missed last year's extravaganza, it was awsome.
In about 5 hours we sold over 4,000 machine parts and some splendid machines
Afterwards the majority of the spares were sold to a European dealer, however …..

Gallons of the stuff had been held back, due to us not having had time to go through it all.
Also there was still stuff in storage which had not even been transported up to Derby at that time.

So we have plenty more to offer in the way of spares, including things that weren't there last year, more of that later!

Last year we also had a sales table of machines, it was declared a day of great opportunities for all.

This year we are opening up the trading experience to everyone.
You can have your own Trade Table to sell as much of your own items for a modest sum.
Alternatively if you only have some items to move on and you don't feel it's worth having your own table then you can add them to our display and we'll sell it on your behalf for a small %, no sale no fee.
If you want to have a table or have us sell something for you email or pm me now please.
Updates and further information will be posted here.

Have we still got some of everything we offered last year?
I haven't a clue, I suspect not, but couldn't tell you what is lacking apart from the machines, as they sold.
What about the useful stuff we pay a fortune for from Americaland?
Oh yes we've got all that still ~ Cash Boxes ~ Escalators ~ Jackpots ~ Handles ~ Castings ~ Reels ~ Reel Strips ~ Coin Slides ~ Springs ~ Tokens ~ Badges ~ Denominators ~ Fingers ~ Spad Blocks ~ Clocks ~ Pumps ~ And New Stuff Too!
What the dickens is a Spad Block????
I just made that up to see if you were all still awake.

So what's new this year?
Nut Screws Washers & Bolts
Nut Screws Washers & Bolts

We have tons of original machine screws for American slots. If you've ever fettled your Yankee Bandit you'll know their Standard and Unified threads are not only like hen's teeth over here and stupidly expensive to import, but also you can not force a British imperial or metric substitute into place with out causing damage.
Well we have the originals all NOS!
Likewise the long Machine Bolts/Carriage Bolts that go through the wooden cases. How many an excellent restoration have you seen or done where your eyes go straight to the sloppy bolt heads on the outside?
Again, we have them too!
It's all New Old Stock, and manufactured for the Slot Machine Industry and your machines in particular.
New for this year too is a slice of M Harris Snr's extensive library of books, manuals and technical papers.

As per last year: -
Ample free parking
Cheap prices
Hot food
Cold Drinks
Simple pricing structure with free bags to collect what you want and pay at the end.

Machines comfirmed so far: -

4 x Jennings slot machines (Four Star Chief, Wild Indian, Standard Chief, Governor)
3 x Bryans machines (Hidden Treasure, Gap Win, Elevenses) for restoration
1 x Allwin football theme (U-Select)
1 x Sparks trade stimulator
2 x Pinballs (same model, one working. one donor machine) come and play on the day.
1 x Rare and different Jubilee bandit (with history) 6d play restored.

Machines promised (TBC)

Mills Extraordinary … Old electric Wall Machine (ex Southport Pier) ….. numerous American Trade Stims including rare Mills Puritan.

More information will be added as we know it.
Bookmark this page and revisit regularly.

ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS ASK HERE OR PM ME
This post is a sticky so use this other thread... Late M. Harris Snr. Slot Machine Spares Sale 11/08/19
I shall be posting photos in due course … there are a lot!
coppinpr

Re: Event This Summer in Derby

Post by coppinpr »

Yes ...but do we have a date :!?!: or have I missed it? !PUZZLED!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

.…. It makes me laugh that 100 people have looked at it, but only you asked. :lol:

I put Sunday Aug 11th 10.30 - 4.30 on the previous thread (Mick and I have agreed to a return match at the same venue in Derby on Sunday August 11th. ( Sun May 05, 2019 8:43 pm ) Also in the Calendar on this site it's shown as such.

However you are of course quite right when marketing never assume everyone thinks the same way you do.
Especially with my track record for screwing up.
You coming? Want to put owt in?

BP !!CHEERS!!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I have now posted up photos of the Spares on offer this Summer at Derby Sunday Aug 11th 10.30 - 4.30

Click here to view

I'll advise whenever this is edited, I shall shortly add the machines being offered.

BP :cool:
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I have now put up some of the machines (but by no means all) on offer at The Derby Slot Day in Derby 11th August.
Click Here

The pictures of the spares are still To be found here
I'm awaiting photos of more machines that are coming and shall place them as and when I get them.

BP
bandit

Post by bandit »

Machines and Spares Sale Rapid Scaffolding
Osmaston Road Business Park
Osmaston Rd
Derby
DE23 8LD

Hello everyone, I've just got back of holiday and can't believe we are only a month away from the
Derby Sale Day
Sunday 11th August 2019
10.30 - 4.30

Jeremy shortly be adding in the photos of the machines on sale. Click on the link;

I'm really looking forward to it and seeing you all again. We have the last of the stock we got out of my Dad's house. But here's the difference, This year anything that doesn't sell won't be sold off abroad or anything.
I shall be keeping it for the future, but if you want anything you need to know this.
None of it will be available other than by these sales days.
I shall be moving it away and into storage.

My day job is so busy I need all the room at The Unit, so it has to move.
I have so little free time I won't be going to the storage and hunt bits out for anyone.

So, sorry but there's no point in contacting me after this event asking me to send out bits or to put things up on eBay … I JUST CAN'T BE DOING IT.

As last year, cash only, use the bags supplied at each table, don't mix different priced items in the same bag or you'll get charged for everything in the bag at the highest priced item.

Tea and coffee will be available, plenty free parking and services.
Strictly no trading out of car boots!

See you there…..
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

PhotoFunia-1560351078.jpg

Some more machines added, and still nagging others to supply me with theirs! :dammit:
The latest are here ...
The other machines are here ...
The Spares can be found here...

We also have confirmed sellers standing.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I've just loaded the latest machines to be offered at Derby in ten days time.
There will also be stock I haven't photos for, it should be a great day!
Don't forget you can bring stuff to sell on the day without having a table, it'll go on my table and I sell on your behalf for 5% commission.
Strictly No Selling From The Car Park, anyone disrespecting this rule will be named and shamed and excluded from future events.

I'm having a bit of fun with Imgur it doesn't seem to be the most intuitive of sites, so I fear there may be duplications and of course some missing :dammit:
Click Here for Machines
Click Here for Spares

BP :cool:
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Here we go everyone, the countdown is on to this Sunday in Derby.
I've been updating here and via Facebook while using IMGUR as a holding site for the photos since I announced this event.
I appreciate that IMGUR isn't always the easiest to find your way around (probably my fault) you have to find the button at the end of each page to load the next thirty odd photos.
I have learnt that it helps everyone if it's all just click and look as I've had people asking me what will be there on the day. Which shocked me as I'd posted up over 80 photographs in total.

So, I'm going to repeat the machines for sale here and signpost The FB people to here. It's also astounded me how many on the FB pages are not aware of Pennymachines.co.uk !!!! Hopefully then we'll get some fresh footfall here as a result.

These are the photos of machines on offer all together.
IMG_3101.png

IMG_3103.png

67906134_1240469179466519_8062166468046880768_n.jpg

67648957_367691663894329_8146467248614146048_n.jpg

67414360_629654034221836_5412331324709011456_n.jpg

67117445_2431287860529553_8560128382254186496_n.jpg

IMG_3099.JPG

IMG_3098.JPG

Gottlieb.jpg

IMG-20190711-WA0003 - Copy.jpg

IMG-20190614-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20190612-WA0055.jpg

IMG-20190612-WA0054.jpg

IMG-20190612-WA0053.jpg

IMG-20190612-WA0052.jpg

IMG-20190612-WA0051.jpg

IMG-20190612-WA0050.jpg

IMG-20190612-WA0038.jpg

IMG-20190612-WA0037.jpg

IMG-20190612-WA0036.jpg

IMG-20190612-WA0032.jpg

Attachments
IMG-20190614-WA0002 - Copy.jpg
IMG-20190612-WA0055 - Copy.jpg
IMG-20190612-WA0054 - Copy.jpg
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

... and more: -
IMG_3103.png

IMG_3102.bmp

Jub.jpg

These are only the ones I have photos for, I'm also expecting a superb Payramid, at least 4 more bandits and wall machines as well.
I'm not going to repeat the photos of the spares I think they were well described from the beginning.

This is turning into a proper "Bring & Buy" so if you're dithering about contributing something yourself, then don't hesitate.
We'll place anything you want to sell on our "House Table" for a mere 5% of its selling price, no sale no fee.
We also have trade tables standing, and I have NO IDEA what treasures will be offered from them.
There will be strictly NO DEALING FROM the car park.
NO ENTRANCE FEE! ….. NOTHING TO PAY TO GET OUT AFTERWARDS! ….. What more could you ask for?

This may be the last mail I post before the event. Doors open to the public at 10.30 I hope to see you there.

BP !!RAYOF!!
dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

Good luck all of you and enjoy it! I would almost say it is sadly i am on holliday the coming week i see nice looking jennings machines :( . You are lucky men.
Greetings.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

badpenny wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:39 am
This may be the last mail I post before the event. Doors open to the public at 10.30 I hope to see you there.

BP !!RAYOF!!
Yeah right!, it's the next day and I'm adding three more, and today got an email promising me another couple.
So here are the photos of the three ……
67895931_361973097801241_2430436205129629696_n.jpg

67630306_875161509513291_2007771346863390720_n.jpg

67243143_2417284185183635_3193646065358209024_n.jpg

Any more for any more?
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Roll on Sunday …..
Just to remind those coming.
Doors open to the public 10.30 - Cash only - Those bringing machines have access from 09.30 - Venue - Rapid Scaffolding, Osmaston Road Business Park, Osmaston Rd, Derby DE23 8LD It's the building with 16 sky lights in the roof, middle of the page. Click Here to view on Google Maps Any questions? You best shout now!
Hope to see you Sunday, we have a mountain of spares and are promised over 30 machines looking for their forever home!!THUMBSX2!!
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

Can't make this one this time. Can someone take some photos? Tomorrow !!CHEERS!!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Sorry to hear that Jimmy, but to be honest so long as Jayne turns up that's fine. :cool:
grains

Post by grains »

A big thank you to the organisers for great day, fantastic to see such a massive selection of spares and some lovely machines for sale.
I'm very happy with the purchases I made. It is great to meet so many friendly people and thank you for taking the time to chat and pass on your helpful advice.
Also the refreshments were very much appreciated.
I hope there will be future events and I will start my shopping list early for next time.
Cheers
Grains
ollie h

Post by ollie h »

As has already be said, many thanks to the organisers of the event and the people who brought their machines down to sell. Some nice machines on offer and obviously the main reason most people were there was for the vast array of spare parts and goodies available for reasonable prices. Some very useful items and I’m sure most will agree that some parts could be compared to rocking horse s**t. Got a few parts for my missing bits bandit which I dragged along with me. For me the little machine screws, nuts, bolts, springs and rivets where especially handy as I am keen on the restoration side of things (probably should of bought more of each component but hindsight is a wonderful thing). Met some great fellow collectors and had some good chats and came away with a little trade stimulator which was an added bonus. All in all it was definitely worth the 7hr round trip from Dorset !!THUMBSX2!!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I am getting too old for this.
It was a great day with a steady stream of fresh faces all day. An endless stream of (mainly old men) peering over the tops of their glasses at oddly bent bits of metal.
Anyone just sitting in the car park with time to kill would have been fascinated to observe everyone shuffling back out again after a few hours clutching carrier bags bulging with thin edges.
It's always a pleasure to see the hardy annuals who support us whatever we're doing or wherever. Equally it's very encouraging to meet so many new faces and welcome them into the hobby.

Machines were popular, all mine went except for my pinball, and that would have sold except that Ford Fiestas and Nissan Micras aren't the most suitable transport for a pinball, let alone two of them( My Gottlieb Spin a Card comes with a twin for spares) Never mind, it was being played continuously all day and never missed a beat.
It was a pleasant surprise to see Trade Stims being popular, five were sold with requests for "Phone me if you want to sell more" from three different collectors.

I suppose that as the main draw of the day was the mountain of bandit spares that the majority of punters would have been slotties. So although we sold two allwins the Gap-win, Pilwin and Hidden Treasure are still available.
I plan to offer them on The Market on this site, when I get around to it. Until I get around to that they will remain unavailable.
I was personally pleased that the open offer we made to bring along any troublesome machine you'd like to have advice on or just another pair of eyes to give it a coat of looking at was taken seriously. And some came from as far away as Dorset and North Wales.

To those of you whom remained tucked up in bed instead, you missed a superb event.
I for one was fascinated to play with the sole surviving Bryans Bumper that paid a visit, and the dancing girls were surprise visitors and no mistake. Sadly The Beatles weren't able to get together to play for us, but only because two of them aren't available (am I the only to notice they've been dying in the wrong order?) However the two and a half hour session that ABBA gave us more than made up for that. The all expenses month holiday to Las Vegas in the free raffle was won by Charlie Oildrum who has promised to send us a card. After the complimentary, silver service, five course meal we all went to East Midlands airport where we went for spin on Concorde.
Don't you wish you'd made the effort now?!

I'm now off on my boat for the rest of the Summer to improve my outlook on life and to practice my abilities at Yoga.

Last year's extensive tour
Last year's extensive tour

Badpenny !!CHEERS!!
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Thanks Mick and BP for hosting again, I only put one machine in and I think it sold in 10 minutes. Helped towards the haul of bits I bought. Oddly I found at least three small parts I really needed to finish machines, most importantly three reel axles for Aristocrat machines buried at the bottom of a box.

The one thing I still didn’t get, mainly because of the daunting prospect of wading through piles of slides was a few sets of 6D.......one day

The Mills/Sega repro back doors Mick has had produced were great and good value and tough item to get hold of.

Well done

!!THUMBSX2!!
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

Any photographic evidence of this event?
Attachments
_20190816_091954.JPG