Crompton’s Star Soccer

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
coin-op
Forum Moderator

Crompton’s Star Soccer

Post by coin-op »

Does anyone know if the football figures in Crompton’s Star Soccer were bespoke or off the shelf. If the latter, what exactly are they? Thanks.
Attachments
IMG_1724a.jpg
treefrog

Re: Compton’s star soccer

Post by treefrog »

Do not know answer to your question, but had a few of these fliers which does not mention any specific customisation or choice, but maybe they did on request
Attachments
045DA663-EE70-4583-BCA7-2E1C7689717F.jpeg
023DC7CC-D1F1-4598-BD4C-5FB702AC7FE1.jpeg
98A0C9F1-8CB2-4454-A3F8-C5427873F0B7.jpeg
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

Coin-op, since the Patent number was listed on the flyer I looked it up on this site. The drawing is very basic with no men shown just flat bars, so this was early on in development and doesn't help. These cast triangular bases seem a little too specific in shape to have been something recycled from another source I'd have thought.
coin-op
Forum Moderator

Post by coin-op »

Thanks for both replies. I’ve assumed the figures were glued onto bespoke triangular bases ( so the figures could be either bespoke or off the shelf). These figures seem to have been used on all examples of this machine that I’ve seen. Strangely, on my machine one team is in tact whilst the other has a number of players missing - clearly one team played rough! I guess I’ll have to hope that a ‘beyond repair machine’ turns up with a few decent figures. Here’s hoping!
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

Coin-op, looking at your photo it appeared to me there were mold lines on the triangular bases beside the players feet, and the middle line between the feet matches up perfectly with the players leg mold line, which made me think they were all cast as one piece? If you have broken ones all showing glued feet marks then I guess not,..... unless only a few show glue marks then could be old repairs? !PUZZLED!
Last edited by gameswat on Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Ah now we know the full issue, as I was unclear from original post whether the query was for example team customisation, rather than broken.......really can’t help.....could you not use an existing player to make a mould
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I was thinking make a mould too.
Easy enough, go to Hobby Craft or whatever it's called, buy silicone mould mix. Insert him upside down in it including the base.

When it's cured peel it off from around him. Pour in two pack casting resin (Hobby Craft again). When set, whip him out and paint him.
Job jobbed.
The most difficult part being having to put up with wayward children and dippy mums in Hobby Craft.

BP :cool:
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

One piece mold would never work BP, his arms are far too wide, but mostly the fact he has two legs with a gap between! :o Has to be two part just the way they originally did it.