Help!! Electrical Wiring! Mills High Top

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
projectbandit

Help!! Electrical Wiring! Mills High Top

Post by projectbandit »

Hi new to the group and new to slot machines but always wanted one. Luckily found this beauty recently, only issue is one of the connectors the wires seem to have come loose from the connector. And I’m after some help in which wire goes where. To at least test the machine.

If anyone also has any information about the machine it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for any help.
Attachments
B077F07F-8A98-4111-9A2C-16409998174a.jpg
C15C48DC-74E3-4E2B-9157-FB236FCA534a.jpg
3CAEB9DB-77AE-471F-B1C1-86EFEF89AE9a.jpg
treefrog

Re: Help!! Electrical Wiring! Mills High Top

Post by treefrog »

Hello and welcome.

Firstly I suspect you do not need electricity or that connector to play the machine, as long as it is not jammed you should be able to play and get wins, if working correctly.

The electrical part on these machines was a add-on with a period after market parts to provide an enhanced jackpot when getting three bars. This is likely to be from Instone and Ashby which has been discussed in detail on the thread below which hopefully will answer lots of questions. I have two working examples as seen and others awaiting work. Looking at your pictures, the end plate on the connector looks to have disconnected as is stuck in the socket. It maybe possible to carefully removed and resolder to the wires, also assuming all the other electrical parts are complete and work.

Have a read on the link below and let us know if the machine is working on its own.

Sega Bell Slot Lucky Devil Restoration
projectbandit

Post by projectbandit »

Thank you for the guidance. Have you got any ideas which wire connects to the relevant pin? Is it possible to remove the electrical components? To take it back to original standard. Haven’t had a proper chance to play with it yet will keep you posted if I can get it to spin.
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

Projectbandit, in a perfect world it should be as simple as matching the same coloured wires on the female plug. That's the purpose of the different colours so repairmen can easily follow the circuits and problem solve. But having said that many times there will be shoddy work done later on by lazy repairmen with whatever wire is laying around.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

You can remove all the parts of course. If you were planning to return to the original state with working jackpot the list of parts needed would include.....

Jackpot unit with coin chute
Jackpot trip arm (may still be in place)
Jackpot reset arm (may still be in place)
Replaced correct thick jackpot glass
Possible replacement of upper fingers.

Other items that would have been changed, the reel strips, the award card and denominator badge.

All that lot would probably cost around £100 if you can get them all and would look like all the other Hi Tops out there.

Wiring, it would be possible to work out. I did do a basic diagram of mine and if from the same company, probably is similar wiring. These wires are for the solenoid, lower fingers microswitch and upper finger switch. Decide on which course you want to take and perhaps we can advise.
projectbandit

Post by projectbandit »

Thank you for the advice. Probably going to keep it as it is. Unfortunately I looked at the wires and they are different colours on the female part of the connector.

I’ll have a play at the weekend to see if I can get it working without the electrical components.

Cheers
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Share pictures inside with the mechanism out to see if parts are same as lucky devil.....also that thread has lots of info we already discovered
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

projectbandit wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:31 pm Unfortunately I looked at the wires and they are different colours on the female part of the connector.
The mechanism was probably swapped at some time which is why all the colours are different, operators were famously lax about keeping machines original.
projectbandit

Post by projectbandit »

Thanks for the reply, The good news is the reels do spin however weren’t locking once spun. I have removed them from the machine and have found one of the potential issues....if anyone knows where this bracket belongs it would be appreciated Image
Attachments
3B224F61-B35B-4593-AD77-AF6743E312A9.jpeg
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

That part should be in the position as marked below. It allows the machine to be put in a state where the machine will not operate lifting the anvil.

I can see the lower microswitch which looks like the arm it sits on has been bent, also I can see no wiring to it like is in the picture below.

When you say the machine does not lock after spinning, are the reel arms dropping into place?
Attachments
CDCAD5A3-C2D3-45D0-BE0B-54DD5AF2BC4C.jpeg