Aristocrat Starlite slot machine not working

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
beplio

Aristocrat Starlite slot machine not working

Post by beplio »

Hi all,

I have an Aristocrat Starlite machine that hasn't been used for a number of years and now the reels don't spin. Nothing on it has been changed since it last worked. I've taken some videos so maybe someone could help diagnose?

Thanks

treefrog

Re: Aristocrat Starlite slot machine not working

Post by treefrog »

Most common issue when a machine stops working after lack of use is dried up grease or lubrication. Looking at your videos almost certainty the cause. Machines are often best turned over a few times a week.

Top areas are the kicker (in video two that spins the reels) you may get away with a bit of oil or wd40 on this.....

Secondly the clock, give a blast with wd40

Thirdly oil the clamps (under) at the rear holding the main timing control bar

Lastly the reels hub, more difficult to get to without undoing and removing the bar.

Try first two first and it might get it going......I would strip all these clean and lubricate, but obviously you need a bit of time and knowledge to do.......
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Tom's right as always (well nearly always). It really looks like gummed up grease and oil. I don't know how much you know about this type of machine, but removing the clock and servicing it will make a big difference (there is a section in Tips & Tricks on this) and removing the reel bundle so as to get it spinning freely if you can (this has the added plus of making the rest easy to clean and, again, details can be found in Tips & Tricks).

Do not apply any new grease, only a very little thin (sewing machine) oil to the main moving parts. Remove the payout slides (this is easy but keep them in the correct order) and clean them but do not oil. No part that comes in contact with a coin should be oiled. !THUMBS!
beplio

Post by beplio »

Thanks both for the replies. I noticed that the anti-reverse latch stays resting against the wheels which may also be causing resistance? You can see it in the 1st and 2nd video. It only gets pulled out of the way right as the machines comes to a halt.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Although if this bar is not free it can interfere with the reel movement, if everything was running smoothly you would hear it clatter on the reel discs. Your machine is like someone has added half a pound of molasses in it.......adjustment of this bar relates to timing usually.....