Info wanted on Club Totalisator bandit

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
coppinpr

Info wanted on Club Totalisator bandit

Post by coppinpr »

This machine many of you would have seen at the last EH sale. It didn't sell and is now in the hands of a friend. I glanced at it at EH but haven't seen it in detail.
I'm told it's much the same as one in the book Arcadia' by Jean-Claude Baudot (page 96) but I don't think I have this book (or at least I can't find it) so I can't take a look.
My friend who now owns the machine believes it is a revamp by Club Totaliser Co. (circa 1931). Anyone have any views on this?

BANDIT 009.jpg

My guess is the mech (which I'm told has "a few issues" at the moment) is old, but not the one the machine originally had. The machine has skill stops. The mech doesn't seem to, from what I can see.
The non reverse/payout disc lock bar is interesting. An early version, or part of the revamp? It has three separate spring loaded teeth.

BANDIT 004 (1).jpg

BANDIT 001.jpg

Can any one shed any light on the cog wheel feature just below the payout fingers? Parts are missing, or at lease not connected (I have only seen this one photo). It would appear the cog advanced until the arm sprang forward driving... something towards the payout discs.

BANDIT 005.jpg

The instruction cards are interesting. One is a poor attempt to say it's a non profit making machine and the other strangely says "pull the handle and press the first button to make the reels spin"(?)

BANDIT 011.jpg

BANDIT 010.jpg

Any info much appreciated. :cool:
Attachments
BANDIT 011.jpg
BANDIT 010.jpg
coppinpr

Re: Info wanted on this old unusual bandit

Post by coppinpr »

It seems from patent details that the cog's job was to deflect some coins into the "fund" to cover expenses mentioned on the instruction card.
john t peterson

Re: Info wanted on this old unusual bandit

Post by john t peterson »

The "Arcadia" picture is almost identical and the entry states: "England, Club Totalisator Co. circa 1933 (149x42x36cm). Uncommon free standing model designed for use in clubs."