Mills/Sega/Jennings Lucky Horseshoe/Devil/Chief

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
treefrog

Re: Sega Bell Slot Lucky Devil Restoration

Post by treefrog »

Well done, at least one more saved without its history removed !!THUMBSX2!! ..... !!DIABLO!! !!DIABLO!! !!DIABLO!!

As far as strips are concerned, these are Sega style strips and I believe Instones as with many other companies enhancing machines used transfers, probably water transfers over the top. As such I doubt you will find replacements unless one of our colleagues has some. Looking at the pictures in any case, in my opinion they look presentable except reel three, which is easy to replace.....

On the high setting, I thought any operator would be mad to set their machine to this setting paying out 12 jackpots in a row, so 120 coins minus 12. But then it occurred to me, even under this setting with this modification added, they would be better off than if they had been allowed to have the traditional visual jackpot. Firstly there are no payouts above 10, so all Plums, Bell and jackpots pay out their respective 14, 18 and 20 coins; secondly with traditional visual jackpots, they could hold up to 200 coins. Even slimline jackpots would hold more than you would win on the converted machine. Additionally you are putting in a coin on each special feature.

Of course the main reason for this system was to get around the law of 10 coin payout, and the predetermined jackpot on each pull got around this as you were paying for it. I also suspect it must have been much more of an impact getting a win each time with glowing lights....
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Well done. **xXx** As for the strips, I can make you new ones, although as Tom says, it's only reel three. How about I make you a part strip to attach to the top of strip three? That's easy. :cool:
brigham

Post by brigham »

coppinpr wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:29 pm Well done. **xXx** As for the strips, I can make you new ones, although as Tom says, it's only reel three. How about I make you a part strip to attach to the top of strip three? That's easy. :cool:
Are you able to make the overlay 'devil' symbols?
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

I remember someone mentioning they had made water transfers before as you can buy the paper to print on, somewhere on the site. As mentioned earlier in the thread I have piles of the third reel strips...
brigham

Post by brigham »

I have a 'Money Matador' which has King Midas overlaid on the first reel, and no Matadors at all!
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Are you able to make the overlay 'devil' symbols?
yes ,I can make them on transfer,white vinyl, and (I think I have some ) clear vinyl, I just need a reasonable photo of a symbol with the devil on it \|\/|/
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

While digging around I found another, a Sega version......after a lot of tinkering managed to get going, so a matching pair :cool:

Attachments
0972FA2F-B392-494C-A301-9382D8658B7a.jpg
chris rideout

Post by chris rideout »

What a pity that the camera operator kept swaying from side to side between the machines! As soon as one machine was played, the camera drifted away and showed the other one. Try again, please!
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

I am afraid my swaying is getting worse as the years pass..... !!CHEERS!!
pedroofn19

Mills/Sega Lucky Horseshoe/Devil

Post by pedroofn19 »

Topic merged - Site Admin.

Hello, I have just got hold of this Lucky horseshoe bandit, and I was wondering if anyone can tell me is it Mills, or is it Sega?
It was sold to me as a Sega Lucky Horseshoe, but I'm not sure that it is a Sega. On the first reel there are horseshoes on every fruit/bar. I have looked online and all I can find are Mills Lucky Horseshoe bandits, and Sega Lucky Devil. The machines look very similar but my one has the special award 777 next to the reels which makes me think there is something not quite right with it. I haven't got the electric parts working yet, although I did put a new fuse in it and turned it on, only for the fuse to pop straight away. Any tips would be much appreciated.
Thank you.
Attachments
Sega bell.JPG
rear sega.JPG
treefrog

Re: Mills or Sega Lucky horseshoe???

Post by treefrog »

Hi there,

I believe we were at the payout together at the same Bournemouth auction. I have owned one as below link and believe these were modified machines in the U.K., possibly by Ruffler and Walker or one of the other revampers of the time and were made from bits of machine available at the time. You have Sega and Mills parts in there. The electronic gubbins are attached to the rear hood and makes it heavy. I did get mine going and was later revamped again by a fellow collector into a bright white machine.

Mills Horseshoe hightop

I suspect you will need to check all leads carefully for shorts or bad connections and ensure you have a good earth as lots of volts in there. These machines paid out special awards on the jackpot of multiple awards repeats based on hitting horseshoe on the first reel. I never took a video of mine, but below is one of similar arrangements I have with Ashby Innes special features the little devils both Sega and Mills. The advantage of these conversions is they did not drill the cabinet and could if chosen be converted back easily.

pedroofn19

Re: Mills or Sega Lucky horseshoe???

Post by pedroofn19 »

Thanks treefrog, I thought it was a mish mash of both Sega and Mills. I bought it at Eastbourne auction for £270.
I have seen more than one white Mills Lucky Horseshoe that has been restored, but they were a little different to my one. I guess a lot of machines had parts swapped and rebuilt, so it is hard to identify them. I think the transformer is broken in my one as it looks like it may have burnt out, but I don't really know how to test it. It only has two light bulbs in it and both of them were black, like they had blown. I'm guessing it is on 220v because of the red, black and green wires, that used to be the UK standard colours.
pedroofn19

Lucky Horseshoe bonus feature payout blocked ???

Post by pedroofn19 »

I've just started tinkering with this Lucky Horseshoe, and I've noticed that there is a piece of metal soldered over one of the holes on the reel bundle/payout holes. The finger that is supposed to go into the blocked hole is the finger that hits the micro switch, and the finger has no spring to pull it into the hole. The electrics don't work yet, but I was wondering if a previous owner had blocked the hole once the electrics stopped working, as it works pretty well the way it is, just no bonus feature. If I was to remove the piece of metal and fix the electrics, would the bonus feature be triggered by that finger?
Attachments
20200603_143442a.jpg
treefrog

Re: Lucky Horseshoe bonus feature payout blocked ???

Post by treefrog »

I believe that block is supposed to be there and is part of the operation.

See below thread* we have discussed on topic around these jackpot win features.....it is to allow the circuit to stay open.

*Now merged above - Site Admin.
pedroofn19

Post by pedroofn19 »

Ok thanks Treefrog.
malcymal

Post by malcymal »

Clean up all the corrosion, get your spring and see if anything occurs? Be careful of the invisible blue stuff stuff that can make you go ouch; always wary of these electrical add-ons. Do you know a sparky who can run an electrical test over it to help you out?
pedroofn19

Post by pedroofn19 »

Yes mate I do know an electrician. I wouldnt do the electrical stuff myself.
malcymal

Post by malcymal »

That's good then. I got a sparky mate who doesn't know a thing about bandits but he's done me a good turn many times tracing circuits and working it all out. Good luck with it all and be sure to post the pics when you get it all refurbished.
pedroofn19

Lucky Horseshoe, lights on but no bonus feature working.

Post by pedroofn19 »

I finally got the electrics for my Lucky Horseshoe sort of working, I think. The light comes on now in half of the jackpot window, like it should, and the bottom half is not lit, like it should be. It says on the top flash "when horseshoe is lit in jackpot glass maximum chance for every coin inserted". The jackpot glass it divided into two parts, with each part having two light bulbs. As you can see in the photo the top half it lit, and when the bonus feature is triggered the bottom half of the glass should light up. I have played the machine for hours, and the horseshoe has not lit up once. What triggers the jackpot? All except one fruit on the first reel have horseshoes on them, similar to the Lucky Devil bandit, but even if that orange comes up still nothing. I have had a good read about the Lucky Devil post on here, and I'm still missing something. The reel bundle has something soldered over one of the payout holes, that is the orange without the horseshoe on the first reel, but I believe it has nothing to do with the jackpot. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.
Attachments
20200708_155144a.jpg
20200603_143442a.jpg
20200603_143442a.jpg (35.8 KiB) Viewed 5501 times
geofflove

Re: Lucky Horseshoe, lights on but no bonus feature working.

Post by geofflove »

I don’t know this machine at all so proceed accordingly!

Is there any way of trading the wires from the non lighting light back to the corresponding switches to see what’s needed to trigger them? And at the same time check the switches with a meter to see if they are actually operating correctly.