Aristocrat Clubmaster

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
coppinpr

Re: Aristocrat Clubmaster

Post by coppinpr »

"B" also has another function that is related to your original problem. The coin needs to stop for a second while the detector pin comes forward to check for a coin; the lever "B" holds it in place while this happens then, if a coin is detected, the lever you are having all the trouble with moves down as you pull the handle, pushing the coin onward past the spring loaded "B". In fact, that is the only job your troublesome top lever is there for.
john279

Post by john279 »

A quick view this morning showed me that the handle doesn't go all the way up (as treefrog stated ). If I use just a little bit of force I can see that the coin detector lever wants to come free.
I don't want to force it, I don't want to bend any levers or something.
I oiled the machine a bit, it was a bit dry as coppinpr stated.
Maybe a lost coin somewhere as gameswat stated?
I have to look into this tomorrow. I have a day off so I can take my time. |/XX\|
john279

Post by john279 »

Today I took the time to look into the machine.
I cleaned and oiled the machine, looked for loose coins; there where none.
I removed 2 bugs in the 1st reel (2 of the 10 positions were bugged).
Then I started to play the machine.
After a few times bypassing the coin mechanism, the machine started to work as it should. It came loose.
I played the machine for a few hours and it's working fine now.
Only thing that doesn't work is the jackpot payout. I have to look into that.
I want to thank you all for your advice and your patience.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

That's all good news. When you say two positions were "bugged", do you actually mean bugged (something that causes the reel to avoid stopping at that point) or do you mean "plugged" (blanks added to the payout discs to block a payout). If it is the latter, no problem, but make sure you also remove the reel strip overlays that correspond to the changed payouts.!THUMBS!
john279

Post by john279 »

Coppinpr, two holes of the first reel were plugged, so there were less positions left for the "10" to stop.
Now I have to search the forum why I don't get payout when the reels stop at tripple A (Jackpot ). I have realy no idea yet how the payouts work on a slotmachine, but I'm learning. :lol:
I'm glad that the machine works, I assume it was in storage for a very long time.
dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

I think you miss the top 2 coin slide like my machine did. If my eyes don’t fool me you have a 2, 3, 5, 4 and 4 coin slides.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

I think I see all the slides and there is no gap. It is a 3 2 5 4 4 2.
john279

Post by john279 »

Guys, how can I see if it's a 2, 3, 4 or 5? !PUZZLED!
brigham

Post by brigham »

The thickness of the slide tells the value.
If it's two coins thick, it pays 2, etc..
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Yes it is just an educated guess by looking at the depth of the slides and award plate, so not 100%.... Your award card follows this with the lowest award 3 coins (bottom slide) then 5 payout (so bottom and second slide up which is 2 coin, meaning 5 in total)... and you follow this process up to the top slide which is used for the top award of 20 coins.

It is surprising how often I see machines for sale missing slides. The Jubilee machine at yesterday’s Eastbourne sale was missing slides. Also the last Clubmaster at the Elephant House auction again missing slides, even though described as working condition...
john279

Post by john279 »

Treefrog, so it could be correct then... Where do I have to look when the 20 payout doesn't work?
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

So firstly, does the upper finger pass though all three pay discs when getting the jackpot? Secondly, have any of the slides tripped when getting the jackpot? If not, the likely issue is either the upper finger does not pass through the pay discs all the way, or there is an issue lower down at the horizontal pay fingers or slide locking lever. May also be a slide sticking issue...

If you can confirm the above scenarios, will help on next steps...

On the bug question, it is unlikely there would have been a win left on the reel strips where the bugs are positioned, otherwise anyone playing would be complaining all the time, unless the star wheels were bugged as well. Did you confirm this with the reels aligned in the correct position?
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Just to make it clear what I was asking in my last post and Tom is referring to in his last post, is the first reel strip on your machine one continuous strip or are there one or two "patches" stuck on with a symbol on the patch? Usually when an operator wanted to increase his profits he would plug a couple of payout holes on the first reel disc (as yours were) and cover what used to be the winning symbols on the reels with a "patch" containing a losing symbol. Under normal conditions, when you remove the plugs (as you have) you need to also remove the "patches", thus returning the reel strips to their original pay combinations.

On a normal fruit symbol reel strip the patch would most likely cover a cherry, on the Clubmaster it could (in theory) cover any symbol that appears twice or more on the strip, but it would most likely cover a "10". :cool:
john279

Post by john279 »

The 10 was covered 2 times on the first star wheel (I pronounced it incorrectly). I didn't see any patches on the reel strip, I look into that after the weekend.
Thanks for the clear post about the pay fingers... I also look into that after the weekend.
Thanks again guys, and have a great weekend. :byee:
Attachments
Screenshot_20200110-184255_Gallerya.jpg
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

john279 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:32 pmon the first star wheel (I pronounced it incorrectly).
No, you did not pronounce it incorrectly, star wheels and payout discs are different things. Tom was referring to two possible different ways to change payouts. On your machine two holes in the payout disc have been plugged so as to remove two of the payouts and improve the operator's profits.

Tom also mentioned a possible "bug" on a star wheel (the star wheel is the small inner wheel on the reel that looks like a multi pointed star). Operators would place a "bug" (a small block or peg of some kind) into one of the gaps in the star wheel, making it impossible for the reel to stop at that point. For example, if the "bug" was inserted into the space where the BAR symbol would normally stop, the player would think it was possible to get three bars and the jackpot, when in fact it was impossible for it to ever come up. A nice trick? dirtdog