Novomat on 3D

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
pauljt71

Novomat on 3D

Post by pauljt71 »

Hi folks,

This particular machine has come with a collection of others I have recently purchased. It does not fit with the rest of the collection as it runs on three pennies and all my other machines run on old one penny.

First question, can it easily be converted to old penny?

Second question, if not, could someone give me some guidelines as to what to ask for it as I would like to sell it or possibly swap it for an old penny version.

Thanks
Attachments
D1DEB8C2-F7FE-4841-87A7-479BF0DED35a.jpg
C18CB3F9-8B70-4924-876A-DB36190456Aa.jpg
E401DE96-8047-4D55-987E-002277E36F7a.jpg
71AB473B-F4B3-4B38-97DC-963147B1B26a.jpg
treefrog

Re: Novomat on 3D

Post by treefrog »

I would not try to convert. I probably have bits to except the to Novomat casting coin entry which were cut to support the big penny. I would sell and buy a penny machine, a lot easier.

I like the dark border veneer on the front...

Value, who knows...? Today two machines sold for silly money at auction... luck of the day and right person wanting at the time... I would guess if working around £200.
pauljt71

Post by pauljt71 »

Many thanks, as always. I think you are right. I will list it for sale on here and see what happens. The machine is very clean inside and seems to work correctly from the tests I have made today.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

One thing is for sure, the 3d payout slides will be 10 times stronger than those drilled out to take 1D. :D
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Well I for one await your advert with interest.
I've had umpteen of these, and I love bandits on thruppennies.

BP :didact:
brigham

Post by brigham »

It actually takes threepenny bits, rather than three individual pennies.
These are the machines I look out for, never having had the funds to play them until the late '60s, when Crompton's Threepenny Derby came out.
I'm still narrowly avoiding these Wulff types; I know that once I buy the first one...
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

It is interesting I have noticed that Gunter Wulff machines seem to be attaining much higher prices recently and not just a one off auction bid war. Looking at the Elephant results there has been a growing upward price trend. A couple at a local auction to me recently got into the late 300s and the two poor condition items in Eastbourne reaching over 400 with commission. Maybe my estimate on your machine was a bit mean.......

What makes me laugh though is a lot of this is blind bidding. The Eastbourne ones were case in point, the second one at £434 had a rough case and did not work with completely broken coin mechanism due to pot metal rot. The important think with these machines is they need to be checked for metal fatigue and operating state as they can be a pain in the arse to strip and get working correctly when seized and as soon as you touch parts they can break where weakness exists in the metal. Having said that I have enjoyed working in them and love the action of the mechanism, mesmerizing.... :burp:
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Although mainly an Allwin fan, I do like these German machines. Anyone know why their mechs appear to be less complicated than say a Mills, Jennings, etc? Is there a fundamental difference between these and 'traditional' bandits? :!?!:
pauljt71

Post by pauljt71 »

treefrog wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:54 am It is interesting I have noticed that Gunter Wulff machines seem to be attaining much higher prices recently and not just a one off auction bid war. Looking at the Elephant results there has been a growing upward price trend. A couple at a local auction to me recently got into the late 300s and the two poor condition items in Eastbourne reaching over 400 with commission. Maybe my
estimate on your machine was a bit mean.......
Thanks Treefrog, I would be happy to swap this machine with someone that has one running on old penny. Failing this I can sell and use the funds towards a new Allwin etc. I thought £300 was a reasonable price... Market Advert here.