La Puce, French cascade type

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
santelmann

La Puce, French cascade type

Post by santelmann »

I mainly collect German cascade-type machines, but there are also a lot of „foreigner“ in my collection.
There are these French cascade machines called „La Puce“, I own several versions.

Manufacturer could be H. Derouin from Paris. Machines have a tax plate marked with 1933 and work on 25 centimes. Payout (confirm to french law) token.

Have anyone here the same machine in his collection?
Attachments
Pucebeige-a.jpg
Pucebeige1a.jpg
PuceGruen.jpg
puceeigef.jpg
PuceDrei.jpg
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: La Puce, French cascade type

Post by badpenny »

Very nice, I like those a lot.
I've only seen the post decimal Bell Fruit Cascade in this country.

BP :cool:
santelmann

Post by santelmann »

Hi BP!
In 30s Germany were a lot of cascade types. Here some DEWAG Automatenbau Hannover and ContiMat Berlin machines:
Attachments
Fingerschlaeger.jpg
cait001

Post by cait001 »

I love these Cascade-style machines so much. Any chance you'd sell one of them? Happy to pay the international shipping.

I saw a thread on pinside and a guy posted a photo from the basement of a German bar and I spotted a Wulff Totomat in the storage. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic ... st-5353463

Do you know where/when the design originated? I remember seeing a pajatso for sale in Finland that I THINK said 1933, and anyways it was the exact same design that the Bell Fruit Cascade would later use.
Obviously it was more iconic for Finland than other countries, but curious who put them out earliest.
santelmann

Post by santelmann »

I try to answer your questions.
- I'm sorry, but I don't sale any of my machines, I'm a little bit crazy in this case.
If you really wanna buy this type of machine, check out the well known traders (Werner from Belgium, Lourens from Netherland....) or use, specially for German machines, the "Flohmarkt" on Automateum.de. On German ebay this type of machine also sometimes appear.

- Wulff- Totomat is based on "Toto" a cascade type build by Krähe (together with Wulff):

TOTO Santelmann AM 1-51.jpg

-The typical cascade style based on "Das blaue Wunder" by Santelmann & Priess (later well known as "DEWAG Automatenbau"). A simple small cascade from 1930 with a blue playfield.
The payout system was patent pended by Priess, also this machine type in Finland. The "Black Pajatso" is based on this German machine, only the cabinet is different.

WunderWerbung.jpg

-Later (around 1937) "Automat Service AB" in Finland produced own machines, also for Norway.

MammutEnde.jpg

Hope this information is some help. :D
cait001

Post by cait001 »

Thank you! This has been a great history lesson.
Can you give me links for Werner and Lourens?

Do you stick to these more reasonable German models or do you also collector the larger Finnish pajatso machines too?
santelmann

Post by santelmann »

No, I mainly collect German machines, these are mostly nice sized. But there are some bigger German machines. If you compare, left "Die bunte Kaskade", a standard size. On the right is "Mammut" a big German with 7 dropcases:

KaskadeMammut.JPG

Now compare the "Mammut" with a Nordic monster:

MammutDoppel.jpg

You need a lot of space if you would collect mainly Nordic machines... Ok one time I think, I must collect coin operated billiard tables. :burp: