Jennings Governor jackpot

General vintage slot machine related topics.
geordy55

Jennings Governor jackpot

Post by geordy55 »

76982E25-3A19-439A-AB1B-6FFACF788175a.jpg

Just reassembling my Jennings and wanted to make sure this is the correct set up for the jackpot.

How exactly does the jackpot refill?
malcymal

Re: Jennings Governor jackpot

Post by malcymal »

I haven't owned one of these so can't help with whether your jackpot is aligned correctly. I'd assume if you actuate the mech and line up the jackpot symbols you will know whether the jackpot releases the coins. Then actuate the mech again to see if the jackpot mechanism closes, and if there is a secondary jackpot whether this correctly drops into the lower section. I remember pulling my teeth out trying to get a Mills hightop jackpot to work correctly on the secondary jackpot.

I do know, from previous postings on this site, that some Governor's jackpots are hand-filled (does the Indian head on front have a key slot?)

If this isn't the case, I would also assume that there would be an overspill chute from the coin tube leading to the jackpot mech. I'm sure an expert on Jennings will pop by soon. Malc : )
geordy55

Post by geordy55 »

Update, it looks like it is correct as the jackpot actuated, then refills on the next cycle. There is indeed an overflow chute from the coin tube to the top of the jackpot.
malcymal

Post by malcymal »

Well that's good as it's all working as it should. Fill the pot up manually about 3/4 full to start off with then watch the fascination of coins popping in there from the coin tube and then crashing into the cash box. I've lined my cashboxes with 1cm of cut foam to deaden the clatter as my wife gets very annoyed by it.
john t peterson

Post by john t peterson »

"...my wife gets very annoyed by it." If that's all she's annoyed by, you're way ahead of the game, Mate.

J Peterson
"USA" stands for "Universal Spouse Annoyance"