Bought a machine on ebay today

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
coppinpr

Bought a machine on ebay today

Post by coppinpr »

I bid on a machine on ebay today, first time in over a year. I put an esnipe bid in for a max of £250 and thought I'd be very lucky to get it, but I did ..............for £127. Is this a sign of the uncertain times? At first I thought I'd read the ad wrong and had bought just the back door or a 6" money box... but no, one armed bandit with double jackpot, working fine is, at least, what it says. :cool:
treefrog

Re: bought a machine on ebay today

Post by treefrog »

I think if I were the seller I would have pulled the auction and wait for calm. It is local to me and I would have had a go, but I am doing as told and in lock down and not interested in going to peoples' houses to collect machines, even if cheap and 3 mins away..... So for those desperate to sell, you may get more bargains. !!CHEERS!!
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

My usual courier will collect for me. He's working as usual, as all courier services are (UPS, Hermes and Parcel Force have all contacted me in the last two days to tell me they are working as usual with slight changes collection/delivery processes, so no problems for those concerned).
cheeky

Post by cheeky »

What did you buy for £127? I wouldn’t have bid in the current climate but I’d be interested to know what you purchased.
coppinpr

Re: Bought a machine on ebay today

Post by coppinpr »

a sega Windsor in good condition,strange because I was actually looking for a Windsor
cheeky

Post by cheeky »

A good deal. I couldn’t even find the Ebay item no. Glad you got a good deal. :D
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

My guess is the guy will chicken out... I've long paid - no contact from him and now the details of the item have been removed by ebay.
cheeky

Post by cheeky »

Sorry to hear that mate but I’m sure there will be many more bargains once we are free to roam. 😉
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Always a pain when that happens, I often capture their details, but people often panic with the messages they get of threats from eBay. Also he may feel with current crisis the price was too low. I forgot to get a picture of it. It was the Mad Money version, not common and in good condition.

Funny, another similar machine, a Lord Sega with jackpot and '60s stand finished a day later and seems to have stayed on for a £100 more.......

I am still so surprised people are listing machines though..... I have stopped looking anywhere now, also with all auction houses closed down.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

He may have felt the price too low, BUT he entered into a contract to sell at auction whatever the price, which he now seems to want to ignore. He should have set a reserve and not started at 99p if he wanted a certain min price. I guess I'm old fashioned in keeping to the rules as much as poss. It was a Mad Money, but the unusual thing was it had a normal looking double jackpot, not the usual Windsor tube, hand-filled, I think, but certainly looked great.

Interesting that courier companies are booming at the moment, (the Hermes driver who called this morning said he had 130 collections today!!) I run a sauna equipment supply company in my retirement just for fun really and it's gone crazy in the last ten days. Everyone has decided to build that sauna they have planned for years while they are stuck at home. I can't box up the heaters and giant bucket showers quick enough for UPS to collect, LOL. I wonder if the DIY shops are also doing well?
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

The jackpots are the same as in the Lord Sega and other models on the Windsor and Continental ranges. I still have a Playboy version with jackpot, my favourite of the range. The jackpots are very slightly different to Hi Tops and Lite Ups in terms of mounts and length I believe.

If eBay removed the listing due to breaching policy, there is no contract, and he/she would not even be able to contact you through the sale.
special when lit

Post by special when lit »

coppinpr wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:48 pm
Interesting that courier companies are booming at the moment, (the Hermes driver who called this morning said he had 130 collections today!!)
I bought a machine last week, & the courier (man & a van) has called to say he can't pick up.
Can't blame him, I suppose. I'll just have to wait a bit longer.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

This is scary times and who knows yet what life will be like at the end of this, but I have made an effort not to order anything online except critical things, so food, as I suspect delivery firms are being inundated at the moment and are at risk trying to meet customer demand, probably often where people are doing bits of non important home shopping...... Think we all need to contribute and think ahead...
cheeky

Post by cheeky »

Very responsible of you TF👍