Puzzle : fruits missing on incomplete Jennings Bell-Fruit-Gum reel strip

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
eo3seven

Puzzle : fruits missing on incomplete Jennings Bell-Fruit-Gum reel strip

Post by eo3seven »

Hello,
I acquired a three-reel set from a Jennings Bell-Fruit-Gum, but it misses 8 fruits on the left reel strip. After some searching on the images of existing strip repros, I did not find any corresponding one .. !PUZZLED!
Thus I reproduced on the attached image the strips (as seen from the player) with the missing items - with hoping |/XX\| that somebody who has a slot machine with the same sequencing could tell me which are the missing items ?
Thanks to the players ;)
Attachments
ReelStrips.jpg
coppinpr

Re: Puzzle : fruits missing on incomplete Jennings Bell-Fruit-Gum reel strip

Post by coppinpr »

That set is V12-55. The missing symbols on V12-55-C are:- plum-orange-Bar-plum-lemon-plum-orange-lemon.

Confused me at first because the symbol you put at the top is actually symbol 11 on the reel strip (the first symbol on the strip is an orange). :lol:

I can make you a set if you want.
eo3seven

Post by eo3seven »

Thanks a lot ! !!THUMBSX2!!
.. and I'm also glad because this confirms what I finally found by myself in parallel by some deductions, which I will try to summarize herebelow in case it might help in some similar situations - and in case nobody would answer so quickly as you ;)

The way I proceeded is as follows: the idea was to try to deduce the missing items by mapping the winning combos on reel disk photos, with starting by the RIGHT and MIDDLE reel disks - whose strips were complete.
(1) I mapped all disks with circles -from center to edge- named A / B / C / D / E which maps the holes (Fig.1/2/3)
(2) I divided the disk in sectors corresponding to the 20 stops, numbered from 1 to 20
(3) I named all the holes with the above convention (e.g. A19 for the hole on circle A and sector 19)
(4) I wrote a C program to determine the number of winning combos (i.e. the number of times a hole on a given circle can match on the 3 disks), the result being in Fig. 6
(5) I deduced from this, with reference of an image from internet (Fig. 4) that the most rare combo (full "A") should correspond to the 3 "Bars" which pays the most (except jackpot that I excluded for my thinking).
(6) On the RIGHT reel disk, there was only one "A", and thanks to the particular A/B/C/D holes on the same stop, which suggested that this could replace a fruit, this likely confirmed that "A" was for the generic "Bar = Bell-Fruit-Gum"
(7) Then I guessed an arbitrary position of the reel "Bar" symbol relatively to the A/B/C/D holes line - as per the black lines on Fig. 1; since the payout lever fit into holes at a horizontal position, this means that A/B/C/D holes alignment being horizontal, the visible symbol position for the player could be the one of the black line.
(8) It was then easy from this first "Bar" symbol to map the whole RIGHT disk, and then the MIDDLE disk
(9) By repeating the same angle as in (7) for all symbols, this allowed to make the synthesis as per Fig. 5
(10) Finally, the completion for the missing symbols on LEFT reel disk was feasible :), now that letters were associated to symbols, and that angle of (7) was known.

What remains unknown to me is how the payout levers are managed (special shape?) for the two-cherries and for the jackpot. On another hand, since I have only the reel set, I don't know wether this was for a six-levers or a five-levers mech.
Attachments
Capture-2020-04-18-13.09.jpg
Capture--2020-04-18-13.08.jpg
Capture-2020-04-18-13.08.jpg
Capture-d-2020-04-18-14.11d.jpg
Capture-2020-04-18-13.09b.jpg
Capture-2020-04-18-13.22c.jpg
eo3seven

Post by eo3seven »

PS:
coppinpr wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:11 amI can make you a set if you want...
Thanks a lot for your proposal coppinpr !THUMBS! .. however my intention is to custom the reel strips with maybe Star Wars symbols or else (I know, that's a "sacrilege" :o) ) since my intention is to be able to use this wheel set as a funny alternative adaptation to my current Tom Boland's single reel mech., while keeping the possibility to exchange the both wheel sets as easily as possible (my next challenge), and with keeping quite only original parts.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Just out of interest, the V12-55 set up is, just about, the poorest paying set up Jennings did - a stingy 55%, compared to some Jennings set ups that paid over 90%.
13rebel

Post by 13rebel »

Clever stuff, eo3seven. !THUMBS!
eo3seven

Post by eo3seven »

coppinpr wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:01 pm Just out of interest, the V12-55 set up is, just about, the poorest paying set up Jennings did - a stingy 55%, compared to some Jennings set ups that paid over 90%.
Interesting information : that's maybe why the wheel set was for sale ! SkEpTiCaL
I think as a newbie I'm not finished with buying other not-so-premium items !!UHOH!! - and at the same time I don't really care as long as I can learn and make some DIY with it. :D
13rebel wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:49 pm Clever stuff, eo3seven.
Thanks 13rebel! I suppose that my interest for sometimes playing Point & Clic enigmas on computer helped for challenging the puzzle. !!IDEA!!