Aristocrat Fiesta

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
coppinpr

Re: Aristocrat Fiesta, restoration

Post by coppinpr »

I've finished your mech, which now works perfect and pays out correctly. Mostly old grease on the main and kicker bearings causing very slow and stiff movement of the kicker and extra strain on the main bar spring which had become slack. A complete clean and lube, a few new springs and reset the main spring and it's good as new. Hardly any wear on the parts and, as usual, Aristos are indestructible anyway. Case next :D
nuttyjr123

Aristocrat Arcadian "Fiesta" reel strips needed!

Post by nuttyjr123 »

Topic merged - Site Admin.

I'm after a set of reel strips for my Aristocrat "Fiesta" bandit. The ones that are currently in place are covered in all sorts of gunk due to the previous owner doing a poor job of maintaining the machine.

If anybody has a template they could send it would be greatly appreciated.
malcymal

Re: Aristocrat Arcadian "Fiesta" reel strips needed!

Post by malcymal »

Powells can sell you a complete set for this machine and very good quality too: www.1armedbandit.co.uk (I think about £25).
westlin

Aristocrat Arcadian Fiesta

Post by westlin »

Topic merged - Site Admin.

Hi

First post on the forum.

I've just bought an Aristocrat Arcadian Fiesta machine. I'm trying to find some info about it.

Firstly, is there a register of serial numbers so I can find out its age, background etc?
The case needs a good strip and repaint. Is there a colour list anywhere?
It needs a good mechanical clean. Is there a manual that covers this model and, if not, one that does?

Thanks

Stephen
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Aristocrat Arcadian Fiesta

Post by pennymachines »

:WELCOME:
I'm afraid the answers are probably no, no and no...

Far as date goes, Breadman's Aristocrat Arcadian Fiesta 65 (from earlier in this topic) suggests 1965 as the year of introduction.

We have a manual for the Aristocrat Regal Mark II, which may include some useful tips but, generally, paperwork on these seems non-existent. The basic principles of the mechanism are the same as earlier bandits, for which manuals exist. That said, there are plenty of bandit experts here to help you.

Judging by photos of unrestored examples, dark blue was a common finish on the cases. I've appended your post to previous discussion of this model.
Attachments
fiesta-red.jpg
Fiesta Bonus
Fiesta Bonus
fiesta-bonus.jpg (14.47 KiB) Viewed 3957 times
Fiesta-blue.jpg
fiesta.jpg
brigham

Re: Aristocrat Fiesta

Post by brigham »

Welcome to the Forum, Westlin. You are in the right place.
It's hard to choose between the Fiesta and the Carousel, when it comes to artwork...
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Certainly cases were black, bright red, blue and one flyer shows a rusty orange/brown seen here https://www.penny-arcade.info/the-aristocrat-collection
jpmhotpot

Post by jpmhotpot »

Hi Westlin,
There should be a small metal badge plate on the right hand side (sometimes missing), but if it has one, it will have the serial number and a stamp with month & year date (example, '6 67' - made June 1967). Sheerline etc.- pre '65, Arcadian 65 - 1965, Arcadian Fiesta, Carousel, Carnival & other variants - 1966-69.
westlin

Post by westlin »

Yep got the plate 665, so that should be June 1965 on that basis.

Re paint colour, mine is dark blue and light blue (on the side panels). Are there any specific colour codes, or suppliers that can supply paint. I'd like to keep it the same colour as original.

Thanks

Stephen
jpmhotpot

Post by jpmhotpot »

Yes most were done dark blue / light blue. If it's not too bad always keep original if possible. I use WD40 and Brillo pad just to take the old oil marks and dirt off. If it's too bad, I remove all paint (sandblast or angle grid with a paint pad). Two coats of primer, three coats of Hammerite smooth blue, which is the closest I've got to the original dark blue. Then the sides I like to use smooth gold. It's well worth the time, and we all have that at the moment. !!THUMBSX2!!