12 Win Clock

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
deano67

Re: 12 Win Clock

Post by deano67 »

Hi,
Sorry to jump in on this post but wondered if anyone can date my Bryan's Clocks?
I have three in total, a streamline and 2 normal height,one of which has an unusual "fruit" face by Glenvil. Can't find anything about it on the net.

Pics attached and serial numbers.
Many thanks.
Attachments
ebay-march-12-4144a.jpg
ebay-march-12-4149a.jpg
ebay-march-12-4153a.jpg
ebay-march-12-4150a.jpg
ebay-march-12-4165a.jpg
ebay-march-12-4167a.jpg
ebay-march-12-4166a.jpg
ebay-march-12-4139a.jpg
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

deano67 wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:58 am ...one of which has an unusual "fruit" face by Glenvil. Can't find anything about it on the net.
Bryans Clock with fruit dial. Glenvil Press also made replacement/revamp fruit and number reels for German Beromat-style bandits.
deano67

Post by deano67 »

Thanks for the link - interesting and seems it was a makeover by Glenvil then. Is there any way of dating Bryan's machines by their serial numbers?
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

deano67 wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:13 pm Is there any way of dating Bryan's machines by their serial numbers?
Apparently there is a factory master list of serial data that was sold to a private collector but has never been made public sadly.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Just googled "Glenvil Press" and see they were exhibiting at the January 1966 Amusement Trade Exhibition as Glenvil Press & Coin Automatics of Gladstone Street, Anlaby Road, Hull, East Yorks.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

gameswat wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:27 pm
deano67 wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:13 pm Is there any way of dating Bryan's machines by their serial numbers?
Apparently there is a factory master list of serial data that was sold to a private collector but has never been made public sadly.
I remember a thread on this topic (could not find) how someone maybe a member on here bought the original order book from the Bryans collection with all the serial numbers and who the first owners were, I suppose it’s great the info exists unlike from other manufacturers, even if not open to others. I am sure also on some machines the Bryans factory scrawled on the inside the new owners name, have seen this on a number of machines assuming they were related...
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

treefrog wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:47 am I suppose it’s great the info exists unlike from other manufacturers
But might as well not exist since it's hidden away and only of use to the current owner and presumably his buddies! If anything by publishing that data interest in surviving Bryan's machines would go up because of the added history and provenance. But maybe the owner is using the data for that reason to buy up machines of greater interest? I think the data belongs to each and every machine, not one selfish collector!

Years ago I sold a Windmill back to Britain that I'd turned up in Australia and had been owned by the largest operator here. Later I read about a Windmill that had been left unsold at the Bryan's factory during the war and then afterwards shipped to Australia. I mentioned this to the current owner and asked if he could track down the serial number info as was likely the same machine, but nothing ever came of it.