Jennings Governor totalisators and top glasses

Graphics, flyers, instructions and other materials.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Jennings Governor totalisators and top glasses

Post by pennymachines »

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Jennings Deci-Bell Governor totalisators
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
coppinpr

Jennings tic-tac-toe payout card

Post by coppinpr »

From Chinese front. This version is for a 3d machine but payout amounts are easily changed to suit, this is oversized slightly to allow for adjustment.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
widget2k4

Jennings Tic Tac Toe award card

Post by widget2k4 »

Jennings Tic Tac Toe award card.
Change the coin payout to suit your needs.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Jennings Governor totalisators (award cards)

Post by pennymachines »

Another Jennings TIC-TAC-TOE
coppinpr

Jennings Governor TIC TAC TOE top glasses

Post by coppinpr »

Topic merged - Site Admin.

I just finished this Jennings top glass art for someone and it made me wonder if anyone had heard of the company who did the UK conversion,"Tic-Tac-Toe Ltd."
livinginthepast

Re: Tic-Tac-Toe Ltd

Post by livinginthepast »

Tic Tac Toe Ltd was a company based in Leeds I think owned by a chap Eddie..? I repaired a jukebox for his widow some years ago.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

bryansjim

Post by bryansjim »

Like this one.
coppinpr

Re: Jennings topflash: Tic-Tac-Toe Ltd

Post by coppinpr »

exactly like that one, I had to change the "TIC-TAC-TOE" on the one above to match the reel strips and the denominator from 5p to 1 shilling but the original top glass was exactly like yours when it came to me.
coppinpr

Jennings Governor TIC TAC TOE top glasses

Post by coppinpr »

Topic merged - Site Admin.

Just finished this replacement glass for a collector in Austria. I've never seen the "trademark" number before and wondered if it referred to anything in particular. Originally a UK fitted glass, I assume by the denominator. Other than the trademark, it's just the standard glass. Just wondered if anyone has seen it before or knows if it's trackable. !PUZZLED!
grains

Re: Jennings top glass

Post by grains »

Hidden Content
There was a Governor sold at auction last year that had the trademark registered text on the top glass.
Here is the link:-
https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/auct ... da00edc712
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Interesting, not the same machine, but the same glass design for sure, so there were a few about. !THUMBS!
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

There were a few at the Elephant as well. Maybe they are original Jennings. !PUZZLED! So many of these machines have had their original awards replaced either in recent times by collectors or by revamp companies years ago. Just a theory, not fact.
brigham

Re: Jennings Governor TIC TAC TOE top glass

Post by brigham »

I've always thought that this top-glass was a Jennings factory fitment for the Export (GB) models. There's a distinctly 'foreign' feel to that way of writing 'sixpence'.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

I think all the sixpences are written same way across different versions. See below from Elephant house the two versions. Difficult to tell any theory in whether they are both original or one is an export model. I would not be surprised that machines turned up that were converted rather and some done in the factory in US.....who knows
brigham

Post by brigham »

I find it hard to believe that anyone on Britain would have written 'sixpence' like that.
It stands out in the same way as '0,5£' on a foreign-made 50p vendor I saw not long ago.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Hidden Content
I can't see these being done in the US unless sent with a blank denominator circle. Then there is the usual jackpot pay-out notice at the bottom. Very unlikely to have been added in the USA. Plenty around like this.

new-whole-red-sized-18--3-border-2-s.jpg

then there are these:

new-whole-reed-sized-18-s.jpg

but if you want a unique one try this special job I did for the owners daughter to give to him :lol:

The-Grandad-latest,-sized-s.jpg

aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

Here's another trademark. This one is printed on the Pub Club Gold Award Jennings Governor (was on two pulls per sixpence). Two of a kind paid two coins, three of a kind paid a gold award token.

Don't see too many of this model. Had 7s and melons reel symbols.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

This is the second thread developed from a resources upload which most will not see, perhaps mods will split them out for all to see.

Most of the models I have seen, Club Chief, Standard Chief, Galaxy and Governor all used the same style on British sixpence, so must be right and not just an accident...

The pub one is a very British version, maybe careful companies making the special versions had to use the Jennings info to show they were not abusing copyright...

Love the Grandad version......if still around in 30 years someone maybe having a debate on whether a operator special or similar such conversation :HaHa: