Aristocrat Olympic pay sides don't push forward

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
consul1961

Aristocrat Olympic pay sides don't push forward

Post by consul1961 »

I have a Aristocrat Olympic that when I pull the handle only the top slide moves forward, the other 4 do not move forward and therefore the payout has stopped working. The pusher only seems to catch the top slide and doesn't connect with any of the bottom slides..... any ideas?
gameswat

Re: Aristocrat Olympic pay sides don't push forward

Post by gameswat »

Most likely jammed coins, empty them out and usually you'll find some fell in vertically.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

:didact: ..... What he said. Then when you reassemble, don't forget the overflow trip at the top of the tube! We've all done it.

BP
consul1961

Post by consul1961 »

It will not push forward with coins or no coins. The pusher only catches the top slide and no other. Is there a piece missing?
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Sounds like you have no master slide. The bottom slide should be L shaped and all the slides above sit in it like a carriage. The rod pushes the master slide which carries all the other slides above...

Gotta a picture?
consul1961

Post by consul1961 »

Unfortunately, I cannot add a picture for some reason. I have removed the slides and the bottom one is flat and looks like the L has broken off, as there is damage at the end of the slide. Does anyone know where I could get a replacement from?
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

So if only the top slides move, what is moving them if, as you say the vertical edge of the L is missing?
The button for adding an image is below this text box, next to options.

BP :cool:
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Probably only a 10 coin payout, so 5 slides and as such the push bar may hit the deck higher.

I am guessing it is 1np... Unusual for a breakage, never seen before... I can check but don’t have many Aristocrat items.
consul1961

Post by consul1961 »

Here are pics. It is a 1np.
Attachments
IMGP9258a.jpg
IMGP9257a.jpg
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Certainly broken, I would check that the rubber damper is still in place where the slide slides into at the end of the cycle as it should absorbed the shock. If missing, it maybe that over type metal on metal has caused the slide to fracture. A jam could also be the cause as forcing operation may put pressure in various places.

If you measure the distance between bottom edge of slide and edge of hole will check as slides do vary
Attachments
5C1FEAE6-CD0F-4298-A972-95C1607A035D.jpeg
5C1FEAE6-CD0F-4298-A972-95C1607A035D.jpeg (64.34 KiB) Viewed 3050 times
consul1961

Post by consul1961 »

The distance between rear of slide and start of hole is 34mm
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Had a quick look and could not find one, I only have Mills/Sega ones that will not work. Hole position is key as it Varys from manufacturer and period from machine to machine.

Stick a wanted add in, as these are common machines and many will exist. If I come across one, will let you know.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

The easiest is to find exactly the correct replacement that matches up position of coin hole, width of slide and thickness of two 1nps.
Next option would be to braze the original broken bit back on, but of course that requires finding it. It might be in the very bottom of the case.
Finally, make one. I'd use brass, ensuring the gauge is correct ( thickness of two 1nps) and using the original as a pattern, but adding the missing bit that needs to be bent upwards to the height of the stacked bundle.

I've never known this to happen before now. Have you just recently bought it? Or was it working before? In which case if it's only just happened it's worth searching inside for it.
consul1961

Post by consul1961 »

When I first got it, it worked fine, then it stopped working and I was told to replace the springs by someone, which I did, but no better. I then left it for a while as it worked, except paying out. I have looked everywhere inside the machine for the broken piece and cannot find it. I have removed the base plate and it wasn't there either, so not sure where it could have gone.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Damn, the Slot Gremlins strike again!

I can think of at least 6 houses I've lived in since the 90s that have portals direct to the land of The Slot Gremlins. I also imagine the neighbourhoods surrounding those houses are all resting on foundations of screws, bolts, washers, springs, keys, tanners all of which will keep Tony Robinson's Grandson and his Time Team puzzling for several future series on BBC 37.

BP :-(