Ice Hockey games

General vintage slot machine related topics.
dutchboy

Re: Ice Hockey games

Post by dutchboy »

Good evening pm, I'm personally not interested in the game. I will keep it with a few bandits, to less time and difficult to get the parts i need. I thought maybe for someone here. I can ask the seller to take the pictures from the players on the corner?
Greetings dutchboy
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Not a big fan of these machines, but the nicest one I have seen and mentioned earlier is the Bergmann Hurricane, especially the one that sold on ebay last week for £670, with a lovely case and great light-up panels... nice machine.

Vintage 1960s Hurricane ice hockey arcade machine fully working
Attachments
hock1.JPG
hock3.JPG
hock2.JPG
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

dutchboy wrote:I can ask the seller to take the pictures from the players on the corner?
Thanks Dutchboy - that would be cool if he was willing. :cool:
dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

I did send an email yesterday and got an instant answer. He told me to shoot some pictures today and will send them. A quick respons, a wonder these days. Mostly i have to wait for weeks when i need them. dirtdog
dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

Evening, pennymachine i have send a few mails for pics of the players. But no response anymore. :!?!:
Greetings.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Oh well - thanks for trying. It's 'par for the course', as they say.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

This Ice Hockey sold last Sunday included the JP Seeburg name on the metal instruction plate.
Attachments
152.jpg
henk

Re: Ice Hockey game at Elephant House

Post by henk »

dutchboy wrote:Evening everyone, just seen this in the Netherlands. Will this be all original? It have a bid of 700 euro's since 14 sep. http://www.marktplaats.nl/a/verzamelen/ ... ousPage=lr
This one was mine in the past. Worked well, only coin mechanic didn't work and was incomplete. Played a lot with it, this guy bought this from me in the past.
dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

Hi henk, nice to hear. I don't know if he sold the machine, the last and only bid i saw was i believe 700 euro's.

Greetings.
henk

Post by henk »

Yes, I made that bid haha. Maybe I could buy it back. Sold it for 1250 Euro to him. He doesn't really answer mails, only by phone.

Groetjes
dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

It was worth a try henk :D
Prettige avond
53chevy

Post by 53chevy »

pennymachines wrote:This Ice Hockey sold last Sunday included the JP Seeburg name on the metal instruction plate.
Yes I bought it as a project. Coin mech all working. All mech works fine. I'll either make the legs and/or wait for a set to come up. Thanks for all the comments and articles that everyone's put on.
Regards Pat
53chevy

Artwork for seeburg ice hockey table wanted

Post by 53chevy »

Topic merged - Site Admin.

Hi I'm looking for artwork for a Seeburg ice hockey table.
Plus if anyone has a broken one I'll make you an offer for it.

Regards pat
gameswat

Re: Artwork for seeburg ice hockey table wanted

Post by gameswat »

Chevy, looked through my pics and this is all I could come up with for what I think is a Seeburg machine. Not sure if this is the exact art you want. Strange that I didn't take any closeup photos of the original artwork for just such an occasion? Anyway you can still work from this as it's possible to reshape the image using any graphic program to flatten out. These figures were sprayed with stencils.
Attachments
ice hockey front_2_1.jpg
cjfenney

Post by cjfenney »

First message on here, so please bear with me if I've placed it in the wrong place !!UHOH!!

I've recently purchased what I believe to be a Seeburg Ice Hockey Table (it wasn't sold as that, it's just my vague research 'skills' that have brought me to that decision); each player appears to have a slim metal wire going from the around the players head to the side of the table. I haven't seen this on any other Ice Hockey Table and wondered what it was about? Has anyone else seen this on their table?

ht2.jpg

Incidently, I purchased the table from a gentleman who said it would be appearing on BBC1's Bidding Room in the next couple of weeks, so do keep an eye out for it, if you love watching these things. :woops:

TIA
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

Looks like a re-purposed bicycle spoke to me, and seems to only allow the player to rotate 360 degrees to the left or anti clockwise, and not be allowed to rotate clockwise? I've never seen this on any other machines and the way it runs over the instructions would appear to be an operator instillation. I guess leave it if it works ok and you think adds something to the game?
cjfenney

Post by cjfenney »

Thanks @gameswat, on viewing again, I think you maybe right! I did wonder if they were placed there to stop the balls jumping up onto the glass, but can't see why that would be the case (or indeed any other reason they'd be there!) :lol:

I'd personally prefer to remove them, as they don't look like they should be naturally there to me, but didn't want to go ahead and start pulling bits and pieces apart if they were originally there. As you say though, the fact the instructions have been torn away in that area, suggests they are a later addition.

Much appreciated advice!
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

It was probably done to slow the gameplay down a bit I guess, maybe in a location with younger players. Otherwise people tend to just spin those handles one way or the other super fast and the shots are blindingly quick! My father did similar things when operating early video games. He made me install shorter plastic buttons on the game Hyper Olympics, because in the race levels players were rubbing the side of their fists back and forth much quicker than you could vibrate your finger tips to set record times! Not only did they play for extended time by always beating the machine, but we were getting complaints from some locations about the noise this caused! I personally didn't like playing the game with the inset buttons as really slowed you down, basically it handicapped you in the running races. It did get me thinking about how fast you could actually go? So I found a small vibration motor in our spare parts and screwed a wooden ball onto it. Then held it over the button and sure enough there was a limit to how few seconds the game would let you finish in! But I did set the all time world record!!
cjfenney

Post by cjfenney »

@gameswat :lol: you know that doesn't surprise me in the slightest, especially if it was in an arcade!

On another note, well done on the all time world record! !!RAYOF!!
john t peterson

Post by john t peterson »

World record with a vibrator?? The girls must love you, Mate. !OMFG!

J Peterson
Bad vibes in America right now.