Somebody knows... Maybe you?
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Anyone had tokens made for machines?

Postby pennymachines » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:27 pm

I can see the logic of exploring the token option. Inevitably, old pennies are not as plentiful as they were. Many were lost to China's manufacturing boom. If suitable tokens are cheaper it solves issues of sourcing, souvenir-hunters and thin or bent pennies, and you can set a fair price for game play.

tallstory

Postby tallstory » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:04 am

Seem to be plenty of old pennies on Ebay at a reasonable price - probably less than having tokens made. And you get all that history with old pennies, ranging from Victoria to Elizabeth. I learned my recent kings and queens from these old coins and found it a loss when decimalisation was introduced. But on a positive note, I have fewer holes in my pockets now. :lol:

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Postby badpenny » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:48 pm

tallstory wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:04 am
.................. But on a positive note, I have fewer holes in my pockets now. :lol:
Yes I outgrew that habit as well, my probationary officer refocussed me.
Nothing to do with vintage arcades, but I went to a living museum once where you were given 6 old pennies to pay for tram and bus trips etc.
They had a sign up with a list of years from 1920 to 1967, next to each date was something to do with that year (easy to find on Gurgle.com) it added to the interest and gave the coins another dimension.

BP :didact: