The Late Maurice Felce

General vintage slot machine related topics.
gm

The Late Maurice Felce

Post by gm »

Some older members of this site will remember Maurice Felce, a keen collector over many years who, together with his wife Pat, were regular attendees at many auctions from Saffron Walden and beyond to Huntingdon, Coventry and Leamington Spa.
Maurice and Pat emigrated to Cyprus 13 years ago and I am extremely sad to say he passed away last Saturday 27th June 2020. R I P
bryans fan

Re: The Late Maurice Felce

Post by bryans fan »

So sorry to hear such sad news, thank you for letting us know. My wife and I have known Maurice and Pat since the early days of Huntington race course Auctions. My thoughts are with the family.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Sad news indeed.
I'm astonished it was 13 years ago they went to Cyprus.

BP
sweetmeats

Post by sweetmeats »

I also remember Maurice from the Saffron auction times and all auction venues after. He and his wife came to the "slotties day out" organised by Jerry in Brighton - a most enjoyable day. A lovely couple and very sad news. I agree it is hard to believe it is 13 years ago they left.
mr merrivale

Post by mr merrivale »

Shirley and myself remember Maurice and Pat as part of our collecting and operating world since I started collecting machines in the late 1980s. They were both always there for a catch up and knowledge about the machines.
We last saw Maurice and Pat when they came over on holiday and visited our Great Yarmouth arcade some years back.
RIP Maurice and our thoughts are with you Pat.
Peter & Shirley
JC

Post by JC »

I heard this sad news at the weekend - I believe Maurice had been unwell for some time.
I first met Maurice back in the 90s, when I was producing allwin spares - he was a good customer! He and Pat were always to be seen at shows such as Copthorne and the various auctions back then. He always supported the magazine, even after moving to Cyprus and sold some of his collection at the early Coventry auctions, before moving away. And it was particularly good to see Maurice and Pat at Brighton, coming all the way down from Northampton for 'Slotties' Day Out' as mentioned by Sweetmeats.
I know all who remember Maurice will agree that he was a gentleman and a true ambassador for our hobby.

My condolences and best wishes to Pat

Jerry
JC

Post by JC »

P.S. I see PM is online - perhaps it would be appropriate to make this thread sticky for a while, so that it doesn't get bumped down the list. Just a thought.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

GM kindly wrote to me last week and mentioned that Maurice's health was deteriorating fast. Like GM, I also benefited in the early days from his knowledge and help. He and Pat, invariably together, made this hobby friendly and fun. When they swapped Northampton for the sun and sandy beaches of Cyprus, they were both missed and envied. My sympathies and best wishes to Pat.
daveslot

Post by daveslot »

Just read this sad news. I met Maurice over thirty years ago and can remember visiting them in 1993 at there home were he showed me his fabulous collection. He was always helpful and helped me with various projects. I remember my daughter who was three at the time treasured the soft toy pat gave her for years.
My condolences
Dave and Anne