Somebody knows... Maybe you?
geofflove

Re: Lucky Horseshoe, lights on but no bonus feature working.

Postby geofflove » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:10 pm

I don’t know this machine at all so proceed accordingly!

Is there any way of trading the wires from the non lighting light back to the corresponding switches to see what’s needed to trigger them? And at the same time check the switches with a meter to see if they are actually operating correctly.

brigham

Re: Lucky Horseshoe, lights on but no bonus feature working.

Postby brigham » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:18 pm

The soldered-on item is a spacer to stop the electric payout on the non-horseshoe orange. It shouldn't correspond to any payout hole.
I can't remember what triggers the feature on Lucky Devil. It doesn't just appear; you have to get some combination.
Probably the one which used to trip the jackpot; the feature was a work-around for the jackpot being outlawed. Try 'forcing' a jackpot win; it might just start the feature.

pedroofn19

Re: Mills or Sega Lucky Horseshoe???

Postby pedroofn19 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:57 pm

I've cracked it, it lives again. After much messing and tinkering around it finally came to life when I poked a screw driver inside and triggered the bottom micro switch. It really started buzzing after triggering the switch. I jumped so much I almost fell off my chair. I had to bend the bracket so that the switch could be triggered when the Bell Fruits were in line, and then hey presto, the horseshoe lit up, and I got a jackpot on every pull of the handle. I am well chuffed as I never thought I would get the electrics working properly.

Unlike the Lucky Devil, My machine only triggers the jackpot when you get three Bell Fruits. When melons line up it only pays out ten, with no bonus feature.

On my middle reel there are two Bell Fruit symbols, and one of those has been added at some point, but is does trigger the jackpot on both of the Bell Fruits.
!!YABBADABBA!!
107503238_2393057020998843_4276094174594641426_n.jpg

grains

Postby grains » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:34 pm

Great news! Glad to hear you have got it working. :D

brigham

Postby brigham » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:48 pm

How many jackpot pulls did you get?
There should be a knob inside to adjust this.

pedroofn19

Postby pedroofn19 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:22 pm

I timed how long, the shortest amount of time was around three seconds, and the longest was around 1 min 27 seconds. I almost emptied the coin tube after two goes on the highest amount of time.

I have learnt so much from buying and tinkering with this machine, and I only bought it as I wanted the backdoor for another machine I was working on. But now I have it all working I think I will keep the door on it and restore it nicely. It's funny how thing go sometimes.
Thanks for any help guys, it's always good to hear.

pedroofn19

Postby pedroofn19 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:49 pm

I got the melons to trigger the jackpot feature. Just a bit of fiddling around and I got it all going properly now.