Samson Slick missing part ?

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
pedroofn19

Samson Slick missing part ?

Post by pedroofn19 »

Ive recently bought a Samson Slick, and the guy I bought it from said there is a missing part that he took off years ago. He said he put the part somewhere really safe but could never find it again.
Can any of you guys help me out by posting any pics of the Slick lower solenoid area, as I can't tell what is missing. Maybe if I know what is missing I could perhaps make a part, or something that might get it fully working. I will add some pics of the area where he said the part should be.
Thanks guys.
Attachments
Capture.jpg
2020-08-22-005a.jpg
2020-08-22-006a.jpg
2020-08-22-007a.jpg
2020-08-22-008a.jpg
2020-08-22-009a.jpg
gameswat

Re: Samson Slick missing part ?

Post by gameswat »

I can't access my machines at this moment but looking at the photos I don't see anything obvious wrong? What isn't the machine doing? The lower relay that you show in closeup is there to release the coin when you win, and I can see a coin sitting there so that appears complete. If that is the section bothering you then clean and adjust the contacts and check the circuit with a meter.
JC

Post by JC »

Hello Pete. OK, I own up - I was the guy you bought it from :woops: .
The missing part is a short piece of copper-coloured wire, similar to that arrowed in green. It has a fine thread, which I'm guessing will be either 8 or 10 BA (the same thread as the wire that I told you had a missing nut) and is fixed through the hole arrowed in red.
After the machine has paid out, on inserting the next coin, the missing part will reset the flappy thing that holds the captive penny.
Hope that makes sense - and I really did put it in a safe place!
Good luck, it's a great machine and I think I'm going to regret selling it.

Jerry
Attachments
Slick-payouta.jpg
pedroofn19

Post by pedroofn19 »

Thanks Jerry.
I thought it would be something like that, it shouldn't be too hard to make something suitable.
I love the machine, and I'm really happy with it, thanks mate.