Sega Imperial: no payout on cherry & adjust reel stops

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
coppinpr

Re: Adjust reel brakes

Post by coppinpr »

I think Tom is right, also it all seems very stiff. Los of oxidised grease on what we can see, so cleaning everything and (lightly) oiling will definitely help. If you pull the reel stops back one at a time are they nice and free with the springs pulling them firmly against the timing bar? Bending them back into place should not be a problem if done with care. Even the Mills company used bending as part of the final setting up of machines. :cool:
mickeyblue

Re: Adjust reel brakes

Post by mickeyblue »

Hi all. Exactly what I thought from taking the reels out. The feet were misaligned. So with a bit of light bending and lots of minor adjustments it nows gives that lovely 1-2-3 on the reels.

Amazing. I think that's now everything working as I think it should on this machine now.

Many thanks to all and the suggestions. I'll take it apart again at the weekend a give some parts a clean down.

But to be honest the reels spins quite freely and the stops have a nice snap back to them so, yes, it's greasy and oily in there but it doesn't seem too gunky... at least to my inexperienced eyes.
brigham

Re: Adjust Sega reel brakes

Post by brigham »

What does the multi-way electrical connection do?
I don't like the look of that. Not one bit!
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

The connector is just a standard mech to case connector. I don't see anything unusual in it. You can see switches inside the mech., so there must be special features etc. that need linking to the case. :!?!:
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

You have short memories. This Imperial has electrickery on the payouts, so no slide stack, lots of leaf contacts etc.......

Re: Sega Imperial - no payout on 1 cherry

It must make a hell of a sound when paying the jackpot with the single solenoid. !OMFG!
brigham

Re: Sega Imperial: no payout on cherry & adjust reel stops

Post by brigham »

I'm working on my Aristo Grosvenor Electronic again, and it's a nightmare.
You simply can't see if anything is working. There's some sort of guitar-pickup thing to count the coins out of the hopper; no moving parts.
I'll be sticking to all-mechanical or electro-mechanical from now on.
mickeyblue

Re: Sega Imperial: no payout on cherry & adjust reel stops

Post by mickeyblue »

@treefrog

With the case open the sound of the solenoids releasing the pull arm and firing the payouts is quite loud as is the hum of the transformer for the lights etc.... but once you close the case it dampens it quite a bit. But yes a solenoid firing coins especially for a 18 coin big win but not jackpot (as a jp is only 1 token from the token tube) fires the coins out with some force but its reminscent of my childhood trips to the arcade where the sound of the payout would draw kids from all over the building to see what had just dropped.

@brigham id be interested to see the inside of you machine if its not too much trouble. See the similarities and differences.