Sega Progressive Star Missing Meter and Linkages

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
grains

Sega Progressive Star Missing Meter and Linkages

Post by grains »

Hi,
Please could anyone assist with photo's or an expanded view from a manual for the meter mechaninism and linkage for a Sega Progressive Star.
As the meter counter and linkages have been removed from this machine I am trying to understand all of the parts I will need - Thanks !PUZZLED!

treefrog

Re: Sega Progressive Star Missing Meter and Linkages

Post by treefrog »

I know a few on here who have a complete machine, including myself, but I will have no access to mine till we are allowed out to play...... |/XX\|
grains

Post by grains »

Thanks treefrog,
Hopefully someone can help with a few pics otherwise I will gratefully accept your offer and give you a shout when freedom calls. |/XX\|
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Not sure if you saw below thread, but will provide a bit more info and pics: Re: Sega on Ebay - What is that ugly bit at top ??
chris rideout

Post by chris rideout »

The meter was taken out of use because it could not pay 100 coins plus the meter reading. The gaming laws dictated that all awards must be paid by the machine. Prior to that, you could claim it from the bar staff and the meter would be set to zero. The meter linkage was missing on mine but I fitted a spring to connect the Shefras escalator to the meter and it works well.
grains

Post by grains »

Thanks treefrog and chris rideout for the advice - it's very helpful.
Now I need to find a meter unit and a linkage or spring to connect it to the Shefras as suggested. Do you have a photo of the spring connection by any chance?
As these parts were removed from the machines to comply with updated the laws I am hoping someone may have a box of spares somewhere with them in.
I will place an Ad in the parts wanted section and keep my fingers crossed. |/XX\|