Jubilee Riviera coin sign

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
mickeyblue

Jubilee Riviera coin sign

Post by mickeyblue »

Sorry if this is the wrong place. But I'm rebuilding a Riviera machine and putting it back to old 5ps (shillings size) and I've repaired the coin mech to put it back to 2 pulls per coin.

The coin badge has been badly modified by the operator as per the pic... so before I scrape off the image and attempt to do my own. I'm wondering if anyone has or knows where I can get one. Preferably saying 2 pulls for 5p.

Also if anyone knows if it is possible to get the coin door any more for these machines that may be good as I notice that there are hinges for what I presume a flap to say reserved as per other pic. This is what was under the coin sign.

Thanks again to this wonderful community.

Mike
Attachments
16125204858515154038221987706661a.jpg
20210205_101412a.jpg
treefrog

Re: Jubilee Riviera coin sign

Post by treefrog »

I believe you are talking about the reserve flap.

Dang help you on spares as I don’t do Jubilee machines. There must be loads of breakers out there as you see so many rough ones. Someone posted a truck load on Facebook recently....
geordy55

Post by geordy55 »

I’d try Henry Powell, he has loads of spares. I bought a coin mechanism and a bottom door off him for these machines.
brigham

Post by brigham »

Depending on the state of the payout card, you might use the opportunity to change it to '2 pulls for 1/-'.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

I believe you are talking about the reserve flap.
I dont think so,Ive made these for people before, it bolts securely to the case (as the holes show) I believe that either the conversions did away with the reserve flap or the later models didnt have it at all.(the retaining lugs are always still there) here is a photo of the sign you need I think.
1560919009194051.jpg

treefrog

Post by treefrog »

As you say this probably would have been removed when the horrible plastic cover was put over, I guess at the time of decimalisation.....you still see lots of machines with the flaps still.....finding one another challenge
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

The Reserve Flap, as we know was common to Australian machines and was a Jubilee oddity in particular, although it did appear on Aristos as well.
In the sixties it was being noted that sometimes, after playing, young scrotes were idlingly flipping the door over.
Whether The British are too polite to go against somebody else's wishes to "Reserve", or probably with the coin entry hidden they didn't feel like having to search where to put the coin and, so moved on.
Consequently operators often drilled a hole and put a bolt through or more commonly a pop rivet.
Jubilees with the sliding cover could be obstructed from the inside or even removed by only one nut/bolt.
Probably why so many Aristo Clubmasters are missing their chunky little reserve flap, especially if the front door had been lifted as that automatically set it. The answer get a big hammer and screwdriver to smack it off.

BP