Revamped Beromat-type bandits

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
treefrog

Re: Revamped Beromat-type Bandits

Post by treefrog »

Read the link.... :D
cheeky

Post by cheeky »

You mean this...
Re: Duchess Mk 3 Bandit
Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:33 pm
cheeky wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:33 pm Not Southend but Shoeburyness (nr. Southend). I went looking for the firm once but they had closed down years ago.

Great machines and very reliable!
cheeky

Post by cheeky »

I misunderstood your message. I thought you meant looking for the bandits. Lockdown fever!!! '!'
stickler

Post by stickler »

Some old photos from the JWS factory floor...
Attachments
JWSFruitMachine1a.jpg
JWSFruitMachine2a.jpg
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

I wonder how many colours were done. Also the Ruffler and Walker one, was this actually made by JWS as we know they had machines made for them by other companies.

Thanks for sharing
!!THUMBSX2!!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

They are my favourite conversions. I can remember a row of them on Paignton pier all different colours and lit up.
I've only owned one of them, it was before I felt confident to tear one down and make changes. It needed converting back from 1np to 1d and I didn't feel up to the task so I sold it.

BP !!SUICIDAL!!
bryans fan

Post by bryans fan »

I love these types of picture, thank you. !!THUMBSX2!!
coppinpr

Yet another '60s conversion using German mechs

Post by coppinpr »

Topic moved & merged - Site Admin.

Just saw this on Ebay and was rather taken by them. I don't usually like the boxy '60s conversions, but these I rather like. The price being asked is false of course. He clearly intends to sell off ebay using his phone number included in the photos.
Attachments
s-l1600a.jpg
treefrog

Re: Yet another '60s conversion using German mechs

Post by treefrog »

If you took a zero off the price, they may sell .........One is missing its cash door and payout tray and the other has a totally rotten base. These have come up many times at auctions, including Coventry and are in the Beromat thread, look nice done up. I believe BP used to have one. :cool:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5528&p=21075&hilit=Las+Vegas#p21075
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Yet another '60s conversion using German mechs

Post by badpenny »

treefrog wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:43 pm These have come up many times at auctions, including Coventry and are in the Beromat thread, look nice done up. I believe BP use to have one :cool:
Las Vegas
BP still has that one!! !THUMBS!
What is particularly clever is that the Formica side panel on the left folds back once you've opened the front door which hinges up. So you get a lot of access to the mech without having to remove it from the case.

BP :cool:
malcymal

Re: Revamped Beromat-type bandits

Post by malcymal »

I picked one of these up for 140 quid at a jukebox fair in Brighton once. Mine was in perfect working order, complete and was immaculate. If they look like that on the outside you can imagine what that pot metal will be like inside. I like them as they are a very compact size.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Malc, was it dark green and yellow per chance?

BP
malcymal

Post by malcymal »

No, it wasnt, mine was red. I bumped it on locally in Bognor Regis for 250 as wife was getting a bit fed up with my growing boy toys in the house. But, I did see one at a jukebox fair, god knows how long back, how long have I been on this forum? and it was green and yellow. I seem to remember talking about it on here with others, it was priced at 170 quid and somebody had sprayed wd40 all over the slides so when we tested it, it paid out but the coins were soaked in wd40. I seem to remember there have been many posts over the years about this green and yellow (green body with yellow striping) doing the rounds and rearing its head many many times. That green and yellow one was in very good condition too. My biggest regret at the time was not buying the Sega Clover Counter Top slot at that same fair which was mint condition at 240 quid. Still regret not getting it. But maybe, if the jukebox fair goes ahead this year end of May, that green and yellow one will turn up again? http://www.jukeboxfair.co.uk/
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

It's unlikely to, unless I shimmy my way under a bus and Sally decides to dispose of all my crap.
I bought it shortly after the Brighton J'box fair. It had gone through a couple or two owners in rapid succession before I got it.
It had major issues with the mech and refused to allow coins anywhere near the tube. Also the timing was a bit out.
It's the exact machine I was referring to a couple of posts back in my reply to TF.
$T2eC16dHJGQE9noMbUMzBRKTd63Ecg__60_12.JPG
$T2eC16dHJGQE9noMbUMzBRKTd63Ecg__60_12.JPG (33.91 KiB) Viewed 7130 times

When It found me, it had deserted the South and was hiding in a mining village in Notts near Sandiacre. The owners following Brighton had all trodden in more than they could chew. Each trying to mend it until it was properly mullered.

BP :didact:
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

I have not owned this model yet, but the pair on eBay, I wondered if they came from a showman’s lot that appeared on Facebook, as a load of machines came available including some other Gunter Wulff variants with Dallas on them from the same location. They were all very rough and wanted way too much money.....

My last purchased machine was another similar machine bought on Facebook fairly local to me, I still enjoy machines at this end of the market, in other words cheap, especially German machines .....

F2DEA430-FBDE-4C4A-B8D1-3E67EB63E1D6.jpeg

It inspired me to dig out another I bought for £50 in 2009 and left to rust at the back on my shed, left this one with original paint

4890B043-37CA-4702-A9A9-601CA997E2F3.jpeg

malcymal

Post by malcymal »

badpenny wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:20 pm It's unlikely to, unless I shimmy my way under a bus and Sally decides to dispose of all my crap.
I bought it shortly after the Brighton J'box fair. It had gone through a couple or two owners in rapid succession before I got it.
It had major issues with the mech and refused to allow coins anywhere near the tube. Also the timing was a bit out.
It's the exact machine I was referring to a couple of posts back in my reply to TF.
$T2eC16dHJGQE9noMbUMzBRKTd63Ecg__60_12.JPG

When It found me, it had deserted the South and was hiding in a mining village in Notts near Sandiacre. The owners following Brighton had all trodden in more than they could chew. Each trying to mend it until it was properly mullered.

BP :didact:
Well that's the exact one. There were only two slots for sale at the jukebox fair. Indeed, the whole event was really disappointing as I didn't even see many jukeboxes for sale and those that were for sale were, "I'm gonna chance my arm" prices. It was a great event for vinyl collectors, but at that time I wasn't re-collecting vinyl. Today I do, and bought at least 100 albums since. I played your slot down there, played the pennies through fine and it paid out too, other than the stinking WD40 coins paid out I thought it looked lovely. I'd happily buy another one at the right price, if one comes along but ebay seems to have gone a bit loco lately with ridiculously high prices out of my budget. The fact they are selling way over the odds, I can only conclude it's lockdown crazyiness and having surplus cash to hand. But then again, maybe I don't appreciate that the years have passed by and when I started out buying I was only paying between 75 and 200 quid.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

That was the trick.
It played the coin you put in, and it paid out some but not all of the wins. Most importantly it was only paying out the stack of coins the vendor was refilling the tube with when nobody was looking.
There was no physical path for played coins to pass by the tube. They went straight to the cash box.
I imagine the gallon of WD 40 was somebody's attempt at improving the pay outs thinking that something was jamming. In fact it was the old trick of bridging the gaps in the star wheel, and forgetting about the reel symbols.

BP dirtdog
coppinpr

now here's a THING

Post by coppinpr »

Post moved & merged - Site Admin.

Just seen this collection of castings hung loosely on a Beromat mech on Ebay, not far from me... but I can't get excited. :NBG:
Attachments
playgirla.jpg
special when lit

Re: now here's a THING

Post by special when lit »

With a name like that, it'd be interesting to see what's on the reel strips.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Looks like playing cards of some description, although the award card shows fruits.
I'm interested in the case design, but only because every time you think you've seen them all another different one pops up.

Half the wooden case is gone the front of the casting looks thin and about to let go.
The timing arm from the clock to the top of the rocker gallery is missing and what's left looks seized.
I hope someone saves it.

BP !PUZZLED!