Jubilee International slot machine on free play

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
gillyweb

Jubilee International slot machine on free play

Post by gillyweb »

Hi,
I have recently bought a Jubilee International slot machine which is on free play. Can anyone advise me how to put it back to pay play (if that's the phrase)? I'm not sure what other info to provide so just ask for more details.

Thank you
Attachments
FB_IMG_1615804056796.jpg
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Jubilee International slot machine on free play

Post by pennymachines »

Have you checked if the coin acceptor is clear?
Could you post a picture with the bonnet open, showing that area.
brigham

Post by brigham »

I think you will find that your machine is not 'on free play', but has a fault in the coin accepting mechanism.
The situation sometimes occurs on machines seen on eBay, which are so described to suggest that, firstly, a fault doesn't exist ('It's meant to be like that'), and secondly, that (somehow) gambling cannot take place, so no permit is required.
The fault is often deliberately created, in order to describe the machine as 'in working order', when it isn't. The bodge is usually obvious; look for string or twisted offcuts of electrical wire!
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

As Mr p. says, just show us a photo of the coin entry area with the door open. I doubt very much it's a major problem. These are pretty much indestructible and yours looks in good condition.
gillyweb

Post by gillyweb »

HI, thanks very much for responding, here is a picture of the inside.

If you insert a coin it drops down through the mechanism and after pulling the handle it comes out at the bottom. It doesn't get diverted to the cash box. The handle pulls with or without a coin.

Thank you
Attachments
inside-jubileea.jpg
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Ok, now you need to post a photo of this bit, but from behind, unless the following makes sense ......

Behind the circle there should be an arm with a rod that protrudes through the gap. As the handle is pulled it moves forward and finding a coin it stops and frees the mechanism.
No coin means it can protrude right through and the mechanism stays locked.
A popular way of making a bandit go free play is to twist the rod (mentioned above) so that it misses the gap and fouls the plate. It has the same effect as finding a coin. Thus Free Play.

BP
gillyweb

Post by gillyweb »

Hi BP, That's a quick reply thank you.
It kind of makes sense. Can I just check, when you say 'circle', do you mean this bit? (see pic)

I'm not near the machine at the moment so will investigate when I get home.

Gillian
Attachments
inside-jubilee1a.jpg
inside-jubilee1a.jpg (14.41 KiB) Viewed 2974 times
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Sorry chap, I did attach a photo of my own with a circle around the part, but it's all gorn never to be seen again!

However, you've obviously recognised what I was waffling about. Behind there, you should find the lever and rod.
Let us know how you get on.

BP :cool:
gillyweb

Post by gillyweb »

HI PB, I have done some further investigation and am not much wiser. I've attached a couple of photos of the back and there is a 'bar' that doesn't seem to do anything. I use the term bar loosely as I think it's actually part of a screwdriver. The lever it is attached to is furthest back in its resting place, but when pushed forward it protrudes through the join of the circle and z shaped cut out.

I can't work out what benefit it would have if it protruded. Is this the right bar? Also, should the lever have a spring on it to hold it forward?

I'm beginning to suspect bits of it have been robbed to maybe fix other machines!!!
You can obviously tell I'm a newbie to all of this, but am loving working out how it all works and really appreciate your help.

regards
Gillian
Attachments
back-2a.jpg
back-1a.jpg
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

I think you're just confusing yourself a bit. The first thing is to understand what should happen when you pull the handle. What BP says is exactly right. When you pull the handle, the long rod should move forwards and through the gap in the "Z" shaped hole. If it does this.... the machine should NOT play. If, however, the rod can't move through the gap because there is a coin held in front of it, the machine WILL play. The rod is the coin detector pin.

The easiest way to set a machine for free play is to adjust that rod so it hits the coin mech itself. The machine then thinks it's hit a coin and plays for free. So check this first. When you pull the handle, what does the rod do? If it hits the coin mech., adjust it to go through the gap and see what happens. If the machine still plays for free we can look again. As the rod has been replaced at some time there could be more going on.

The lever circled in red is the lever that holds the coin in place while the coin detector checks for a coin, and, yes, it should be held down, but not strongly, as the later part of the machine cycle will push the coin forward, lifting the lever and allowing the coin to continue its journey towards the coin tube, so the machine can wait for another coin to detect.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Yup ..... I said "A popular way of making a bandit go free play is to twist the rod (mentioned above) so that it misses the gap and fouls the plate. It has the same effect as finding a coin. Thus Free Play." Yours is fouling the plate.
By the way PB is my brother's maiden name.

BP :cool:
gillyweb

Post by gillyweb »

Aahh I see, it's starting to make sense now. However, the lever and bar doesn't move at all when the handle is pulled, so I presume the next thing to work out is why not. I presume some connection is missing but can't see what.
Also, if you manually hold the bar forward through the gap, the handle still pulls. And I can't see how that should stop the handle pulling.
I've attached a side view of the workings, if that helps pinpoint what's missing.

Thank you all for your patience with me.
Attachments
16169333326888798378486578034624a.jpg
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Your photo shows the mech isn't at rest (the handle is down).
gillyweb

Post by gillyweb »

Oops, sorry about that, I can't push it the last bit when it's out of its box. Here you go.
Attachments
16169425599142570616242023191176a.jpg
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Note to BP on the above:- do you think the "anvil" been set so the "dog" always catches the "anvil" regardless of the coin detector pushing it under when a coin is present?
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I don't know Paul, I've recently worked on two bandits (one Poinsettia and one Ozzie) that were both doing this.
I put it down to old grease slowing the return against the pump and not allowing the anvil to get past before running out of momentum.
I'm gravitating towards advising OP strips and degreases the mech before attempting further fine tuning.
The photos aren't very clear but the coin probe certainly looks as if it's jammed off track against the plate, which of course would equate to "Free Play".

As you know I'm wary about guiding the uninitiated towards attacking the Dog & Anvil without a safety net. There's plenty about it on here which can be accessed through Search, as and when the time comes.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

A video would tell all. !!IDEA!!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

If it's anything like the ones I take it'd be looking in the wrong direction with the lens cap on.
:didact:
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

If you mean by "the wrong direction" pointing towards you, then best to leave the lens cap on. :lol: