Parkers allwin list

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
arles

Parkers allwin list

Post by arles »

Hi,
I have two Parkers machines and I would like to find out more about them. I have an Eleven Win and Carnival 7 Win. I also have a Lucky Twelve (all twelve wins) but have no information about the maker etc. Any information would be really appreciated.

Arles
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Parkers of Rhyl

Post by pennymachines »

Hi and welcome.
Parker's Automatic Supplies Ltd. were established in Rhyl in 1947 by Solomon Parker in order to supply new machines for the Parker-owned Black Cat Arcade on the promenade. They copied and improved upon existing allwin designs and started to supply machines to other operators on a small scale. Their machines had a good reputation for reliability, had colourful, expressive backflashes and attractive veneered cases. Jimmy Parker recently supplied some excellent interior photos of the arcade taken while the allwins were in their prime - see Parkers Arcade. Oops - you have to pay :x

Because they were never made in great numbers they are relatively rare. How did you come by so many of them?
arles

Post by arles »

Hi
Thanks for your reply.
My husband thinks he picked the Parkers up at the fairground in Barry Island back in the 70's. They weren't in use but were, and probably are, in working order. The Lucky Twelve came from an antique shop in Finchley London, probably in the mid 70's. They are just taking up room in cupboard and as we're downsizing I suppose we should really let them go.

I have some photos if you'd like to see them.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

If you decide to sell them and know how much you want for them you could put them in the PennyMachines Market or if you don't know their value you could try the PennyMachines Auction.
Whether you sell or keep them it would be great to see some photos.
arles

Post by arles »

I do have photos but have no idea how to download them !!!! Best I could do at the moment would be to send them in an email.
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

arles wrote:I do have photos but have no idea how to download them !!!! Best I could do at the moment would be to send them in an email.
Hi Arles :D , welcome to the site, I will try and talk you through posting a photo :didact:

press the =REPLY button just as you did to post your message, this will open the text window.... next scroll down this page and click on the BROWSE button, this will open your photo file.... next click on the photo you want to post and press the OPEN button.... next press the ADD THE FILE button,... if you want to ad more photo's repeat the operation again,.... when you have selected all your photo's press SUBMIT and your photos should now be posted on the forum ;-)
Dont worry we have all been there and had to ask how to do it :oops:
Good Luck...Slotalot :tarah:

You also need to ensure they're a reasonable file size for uploading to the site.
For guidance on doing this, see How to Upload Images.
arles

Post by arles »

Hi
It's taken me a while to get these on here but thanks for all your help!
Attachments
P1.jpg
003 - Copy.jpg
002 - Copy.jpg
malcymal

Post by malcymal »

They look superb! Well looked after.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Very nice. Thanks for making the effort to post them.
Re-reading your original question, I realize you asked specifically who made the Lucky Twelve.
The manufacturer was Oliver Whales of Fun City, Redcar. It appeared in 1958 and was evidently a ripost to the Bryan's Elevenses of 1955 which, by offering an amazing eleven winning cups, had become something of a roaring success in allwin terms. The Elevenses achieved this by employing long springy pins set into a metal block behind the playfield. I think the Lucky Twelve has standard allwin pins above the gallery so it's probably a bit on the generous side. Anyway, it's rarer than the Elevenses but coming from the prolific Whales stable, not as rare (or desirable) as the Parker's allwins.
arles

Post by arles »

Thank you very much for all the information. You really have been very helpful. It's really interesting to know a little more about the machines.

My husband now seems to think the Parkers came from the Isle of Man and not from Barry Island but he can't be sure it's so long ago. He used to sell fancy goods and travelled all over.

We have never used the machines or even had them on display, which is probably why they are still in such good condition. Sorry to be a 'heathen' but they aren't really my cup of tea!

Anyway, we now just have to decide what to do with them!!!

Again many thanks

Arles
jingle

Post by jingle »

Some nice Parkers allwins I just found under a tree stump.
Super 24 Cup, Over the Sticks, Journey into Space, Golden 12, Photo Finish
Attachments
jingle

Post by jingle »

Lucky 18
Attachments
Lucky 18
Lucky 18
jingle

Post by jingle »

12 Winners
Attachments
12 Winners
12 Winners
jingle

Post by jingle »

Win a Spangles
Attachments
Win a Spangles
Win a Spangles
longbobongo

Post by longbobongo »

Very nice find :D They look nice together as a set. Do you intend on keeping them or sell them on?
jingle

Post by jingle »

For keeps I hope.
malcymal

Post by malcymal »

I can hear the slurping salivation of slotties from here! Nice machines, have they been in your collection for a while or did you have a lucky find? Malc
jingle

Post by jingle »

alright malc
ye just bought them latley
heres another i forgot to put on
bob
Attachments
Win a Chew
Win a Chew
ilovemyjukebox

Post by ilovemyjukebox »

Hi If you decide to sell the Wrigley one I would be very interested.... Thanks Dave