Aristocrat Nevada Tic Tac Toe wiring

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
charlier

Aristocrat Nevada Tic Tac Toe wiring

Post by charlier »

I have an old Aristocrat Nevada Tic Tac Toe machine with a few wires cut and since I am new I don't know what these wires do or what they connect to.
Edit: I have figured out that the wires on the left connect to the connector attached to the bottom left of the machine which leads to the payout switches, but am still unsure of what the wires hanging from the top do. Also, could someone explain to me how the payout switches work and if they are correct as they are now?
Attachments
payout switches photo 1
payout switches photo 1
payout switches photo 2
payout switches photo 2
IMG_20211005_222929a.jpg
IMG_20211005_222342a.jpg
IMG_20211005_222702a.jpg
IMG_20211005_222806a.jpg
coppinpr

Re: Aristocrat Nevada Tic Tac Toe wiring

Post by coppinpr »

Looks like your machine has been much changed. The payout switches are not the usual way of making a mechanical slot machine pay out, but are not uncommon. They usually indicate that a special payout or feature will start when they are activated. The switches have been added to the normal mechanical payout levers (they may have replaced the old payout or be in addition, we can't see from the photos). The key is not the switches but what they lead to. Trace the wires from the switches to their end and send photos of what's there.
charlier

Post by charlier »

I have found that the wires lead to a connector on the left hand side of the machine and has the same colour wires as the wires dangling on the left so I'm just left with what the wires hanging from the back do. The slot machine doesn't rely on these switches to pay out, as it uses the slides. Also the machine is different to most Aristocrat Nevada Tic Tac Toes as it is an Australian machine and takes 20c coins.
Attachments
IMG_20211006_135135.jpg
brigham

Post by brigham »

That looks like a third-party conversion which has afterwards been disconnected.
You often see such relics on old Sega/Mills machines, where an Instone and Ashby 'gimmick', such as Lucky Devil, has been fitted and later abandoned.
Can it pay the advertised 23 coins from the slides?
charlier

Post by charlier »

Yep, it pays in full and correctly every time.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

If the wires are leaving the machine after they connect (which seems to be what you're saying?), then I think I know what they did. I actually have much the same machine in my collection and (although I can't get to it to check) I seem to remember the same type of switches leading to a light tower. (When I got the machine, it was missing the tower, so I replaced it). The tower indicated a bonus jackpot not shown on the award card (so an operator addition). Mine also has a "reserved" switch on the front which also shows on the light tower. Your machine may have a blanked-off round plate on the top of the machine. If it does, then it's a dead giveaway. In fact, I can see the blanked-off "reserve" button on the front just under the crown, exactly where mine is.

(Later edit) I just noticed on your machine that it does not say "23 jackpot" but "super jackpot +23" and "jackpot +23", exactly like mine, so the light tower would make perfect sense.

I assume the award card shows the amount and not the number of coins. This would mean you have 3 x 5 coin, 2 x 3 coin and 2 x 2 coin slides. Is that about right?
Attachments
aristo.jpg
charlier

Post by charlier »

I believe I have 4x5 coin slides, 1x2 coin slides and 1x1 coin slide. It makes sense, although both covers are on and don't appear to have been moved ever as at the top of the machine it has a reserve flap.
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

Over the years I have learned not to take anything for granted. However, I'm not sure your assessment of slides matches your award card that you say pays correctly and in full. For example, how does it pay 14 for 3 plums?
More likely you have individual slides 3/2/5/4/4/5, paying out awards of 3/5/10/14/18/23?
Are you perhaps reading the slides 2/1/5/5/5/5?
Last edited by aristomatic on Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
charlier

Post by charlier »

I believe you are right and I just assumed that they were 2/1/5/5/5/5 so, yeah, I think I was just wrongly guessing.
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

Cool and welcome to the forum.

The important thing is that it pays out correctly!

I've never come across a Nevada with an original light tower still fitted to it and that's a fair few machines. As Coppin states, generic replacements/candles are available from the States so fairly easy job for someone who is handy with electrics to reinstall if you wish to do so.